Welcome back.

Enjoy my lovelies. 💕
___________________________________________

Elena was driving and parked her car at the side of the road. Elijah, who was now alive because Elena took the dagger out of him, was next to her drinking blood from a blood bag.

"You look better." She said.

"Where did you get the dagger?" He asked.

"I'll tell you everything. But we have to work together, Elijah. I need your word." Elena said.

"Your ability to make demands has long passed." Stated Elijah.

"No demands. I'm offering you my help. And in return, I want yours." She replied.

"And why should I even consider this?" Elijah Asked.

"The same reason that you haven't killed me. You need my help to kill Klaus, who's taken Diana. So you probably want to find her... and I need you." She said.

"That's funny, you're assuming that I actually want to find Diana." Said Elijah.

"I know she's the one who staked you, but don't you care about finding her?" Elena asked.

"The question is, why do you care? From my knowledge, the two of you despise each other." He said.

"I care because she's important to people who are important to me. Don't you love her? " She said.

"I do and I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for why she staked me. She might have been in touch with Katherine." He replied.

"Katherine fooled Diana into thinking that she'll help her find Mason if she staked you... " Elena confirmed.

"Silly girl...But how did Klaus manage to take her?" Elijah Asked.

"Well, I had asked Damon to keep an eye on her but when he wasn't with her, she wondered off into the halls and we couldn't find her since then." She explained.

"She's safe with Klaus. I'm pretty sure he won't hurt her." He replied.

"How are you so sure?" Elena asked.

Before he could reply, Elena's phone rang. She answered. It was Stefan.

"Where are you? Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." Elena replied.

"Where's Elijah?" He asked.

"He's right here." She said.

"Where? I'm on my way." Stefan replied.

"No, Stefan, Elijah and I need some time alone." She said.

"Listen to me. He can't be trusted he'll use you to get to Diana and kill Klaus." Said Stefan.

"Elijah is a noble man, Stefan. He lives by a code of honor. I can trust him. He knows that I'd be incredibly stupid to betray him again. By removing the dagger, I have proven myself." She explained.

"You can't do this alone." He said.

"It's my decision, Stefan. Please respect it. And make sure that Damon doesn't do anything stupid. I'll be in touch." She said as she hung up.

Elijah held his hand out. Elena gave him her phone. He put it in his jacket pocket.

_________
SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE

"Did she find Diana yet?" Asked Damon.

"No." replied Stefan.

"Then what was the point of her taking the dagger out of Elijah?" He asked.