First day of band

I fidgeted in my seat as mom drove me to my first day of band camp. "Kayla stop worrying, it'll be great!" my mom told me as the car came to a stop in front of the band room. I took a deep breath, grabbed my flute then stepped out of the car. I Slowly walked to the band room not really sure where to go, I looked around. Every one towered over my tiny 5 ft figure.

"Kayla!" I heard my name being called I looked around to see that the owner of the voice was kate, my best friend. I ran over to her, maybe she would know where we were supposed to go.

"Kate! Please tell me you know what we're supposed to be doing!" I begged her.

"Yes." I sighed, thank God.... "we're supposed to wait in the band room until our section leader tells us what to do."Great now who the fudge is my section leader....

"Now all we have to do is figure out who our section leader is." I told her. She nodded smiled.

"Trumpets!!!" a voice called.

"Well thats me" Kate said then walked torwards the the voice. And then there was one, just great...Now what am I supposed to do...

''Flutes!'' I guess thats me... I quickly ran to the voice so I would no longer be lost. Well the voice led me to a large group of about 20 girls, also known as the flute section.

''Hi girls,I'm Maci your new flute section leader. I thought before we started practicing the warm ups we could get to know each other,thats what most sections will do first bef-'' She was cut off by the trumpets perfectly playing warm up one. ''Like I said most sections will the trumpets, however, are showoffs and like to well you know, show off. So now how about we go around the circle and tell everyone your name and grade. I'll start. Hi I'm Maci and I'm a senior.'' She said smiling.

so we went around the circle and finnaly we got to me. i stood up nervously.
''Hi im kayla and I'm a freshman.'' I told every one then quickly sat back down and the next person stood up and so on, just as the last person sat down and Maci stood up to talk the whistle blew.

"Well i guess we'll practice down in the amphitheater, or the oven as most of us call it." so we followed her to the oven. That's a weird name I wonder why they call it that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ok tell me what you think! its my first book and I'm really nervous, I'm actually basing this on my high school band experience which was actually pretty interesting. i know this chapter is not really long but I promise I will try to make the next chapter longer and i hope to have it up by 8:00 next tuesday so keep an eye out for that. i would also like to say this book is dedicated to one of my best friends kaitlin who has been helping me and encouraging me since I decided to start writing this book, shes also my editor as well. so i want you to comment and tell me what you think and maybe tell me some of your band stories as well i would love to hear them!!!! talk to you next week!!!