Meeting You Again

"Congratulations in graduating! We hope that as you leave this institution, you will still be able to respond to God's calling for you. Goodbye and see you around. Good job on keeping up into this stage."

"John... I think... I like you a lot. No... I think I love you."

"Jade, Jade, are you okay?" someone asked as I looked up to him. Oh! It's Daniel, my date for the evening. We were actually invited to an event and I was staring at a couple who's doing a traditional courtship dance in front. I kind of spaced out. "Yes, I'm okay. Sorry I spaced out. We're you saying something?"

"Yeah, about that---"

"Daniel?" someone cut him off as we turned our heads to the woman who called him. She's tall, beautiful and a blondie. "O-uh... Rachel! What brings you here?" he greeted and gave her a hug. Why do I have a feeling that he's so happy seeing her? Those sparkles in his eyes and the fulfillment is being reflected in his smile.  Am I not the one that he's dating? "I was invited. Duh? Oh yeah, I remember we still have a date on Saturday, see you!" she reminded and gave him a peck on the cheeks. Did she just pretend that I'm a stranger? This is so frustrating. As soon as they left, I gave Daniel a dagger stare. I can't believe what he just did. "Date? On Saturday? Are you serious with me right now? Are you still keeping up with me?" I asked. This is pissing me off. It seems that he's actually having some reserve by courting several women. I feel so betrayed. "What? You must have misunderstood. She's a close friend of mine and whenever we meet we call it a date. We're not really that intimate with each other," he defended. His voice is stammering and I know he is not telling the truth. I nodded sarcastically and pushed him away. "Do you think I'm not a woman? I know how to look and act around someone I like so don't treat me as if I'm stupid," I retorted and walked out of the venue. I know all heads were turning to that scene, he deserved the embarrassment.

"Demi Jade, look, I'm sorry let me explain," he called breathing raggedly. "I don't need your explanation! You just proved to me that you're a good for nothing bastard just like everyone else. Fuck off!"

I was so mad at him. It should have been alright and I let it pass by walking away silently but unfortunately, I got too attached to him. He was very nice, he is a gentleman and he treats me so special. I was on the verge of falling and thank God, thank goodness I didn't let my stupidity prevail once again.

I went to the place that I loved going the most- my think rock. I know, a 22-year old is having a think rock is too childish and pathetic but it's how I rediscover myself. It's on the mountain just near my house. I love how the sound of the wind blowing the trees as the grasshoppers fiddle their tunes into a perfect harmony calms my mood. The gush of wind is like massaging my shoulders, easing the stress. It's a perfect place for a relaxation. I inhaled a heap of positivity into my body and letting out the bullshits that I encountered today. 

The forest is bright today. I looked up and saw the moon shining in its wholeness. It's very captivating- like a goddess of purity and bliss. "Hey," I started to greet. "It turns out, he's fooling me. I've had a lot of dates in my life but gosh, it's either they're fooling me or I'm fooling them. Why is it like that? Why is it that I just can't see some good man these days? I've been through a lot, I've met a lot and I can't even find someone who's able to match my vibes," I ranted. I know, I seem lunatic talking to the moon but I'd rather do it than cast my frustrations on someone else. In my teenage years, I even cry to it. Old habits die hard I guess.

Out of all the men that I went out with and dated, I can't find a single one that I'd be able to love fully and not only get infatuated by him and will get tired in the end. Even from all the men that I met, no one really matched me well--- except one. But, damn me, that's impossible. He's probably out there doing some stuffs I don't want to talk about.