Tagpuan

It's been three months since I've been from Ilocos and I was about to go out at night. I went to a local acoustic bar and meet up with my friends to have fun. I saw my man entering the place with some of his colleagues. "Next presenter is our guest for today, Demi Jade Vello," introduced our friend who is also the manager of the place.

I went to the stage and sat down setting up the mic. "Good evening. These past months have been a roller coaster ride for me but well, it actually led me to the love of my life. Hey Adam! My future Professor Kirov, this is for you. He's still courting me by the way," I said as a Segway and the guitarist strummed the guitar." This is 'Tagpuan' by Moira Dela Torre everyone."

Di, di ko inakalang

Darating din sa akin

Nung ako'y nanalangin kay bathala

Naubusan ng bakit

I never knew he was it. It's weird for a normal person like me to be loving a 'meant-to-be-single' person like him. It's all twisted and uncommon.

Bakit umalis ng walang sabi?

Bakit 'di siya lumaban kahit konti?

Bakit 'di maitama ang tadhana?

I remembered the thoughts I got inside my head when he left without saying good bye. The day when my greatest heartbreak actually happened.

At nakita kita sa tagpuan ni bathala

May kinang sa mata na di maintindihan

Tumingin kung saan sinubukan kong lumisan

At tumigil ang mundo

Nung ako'y ituro mo

Siya ang panalangin ko

I didn't know how many times I prayed to God and ask for signs to lead me to the right man. He answered my prayers but it was just me who didn't notice them. The signs already appeared the day John went back to the seminary after five years of being away.

At hindi di mapaliwanag

Ang nangyari sa akin

Saksi ang lahat ng tala

Sa iyong panalangin

I didn't expect him to confess. I never expected him to reciprocate my feelings for him. All these time, it was me who was blind that all of the stars in the skies actually bore witness with what we have.

Pano nasagot lahat ng bakit?

Di makapaniwala sa nangyari

Pano mo naitama ang tadhana?

He was a very mysterious person and yet, he was able to express more of himself. He was able to answer every questions that kept roaming in my head from the time I liked him to today. I should've asked and I should've verified a lot of things. Then I realized, God really does know how to place the right timing.

Nung nakita kita sa tagpuan ni bathala

May kinang sa mata na di maintindihan

Tumingin kung saan sinubukan kong lumisan

At tumigil ang mundo

Nung ako'y ituro mo

St. Paul's Metropolitan Cathedral- the place where a lot of things happened and the place where it sprang a huge development to us. I will never forget how I saw him talking to a priest and when he was holding a ukulele. I saw the sparkle in his eyes- the satisfaction of seeing me but I just tried to run away from it.

At hindi ka lumayo

Nung ako yung sumusuko

At nagbago ang mundo

Nung ako'y pinaglaban mo

I turned him down for a lot of times when I never would've imagined to do. I loved him too much that I began to be selfless- to let him go to where he must go. That's probably the greatest thing John contributed to my life.

At tumigil ang mundo

Nung ako'y pinili mo

Siya ang panalangin ko

He is always the content of my prayers. He will always be. The love that I have for him is unlimited. Even though it was the hardest decision in our life, God still led us to each other. Maybe it's meant to be, maybe it's fate, maybe it's destiny? All of that went wrong but when we believed in God, it turned out to be right. When he chose me over his service, I was ecstatic. I am his biggest decision and I wish, I am worth it.

"Thank you everyone!" I said and went out of the stage.

"You sang it well," John said as he approached me after singing from the stage. "Yeah, it was heartfelt coz it's for you."

"Pfft! You're saying all that late night pick-up lines but you're not even making me your boyfriend."

"Of course, I need to verify things first and well, I'm a Filipina Maria Clara," I responded and winked at him. "I love you," he suddenly said and started walking to go back to his seat. "John," I called and hugged him before he's to return from his friends. "You're my answered prayer." I know he's feeling the jitters but he just laughed it off in cut "ha-ha-has" and hugged me tight as he swayed me side wards.

I was immature back then for always letting him go. Maybe because that I had the concept of loving a SEMINARIAN. Having the concept that God is your rival that is why you feel so hopeless but no, I have realized that God will always be your biggest support system and he sent me to John so he would know the vocation that he will really go to- a vocation to priesthood or a vocation to love.

I have always thought that we are in a type of a "pinagtagpo pero hindi itinadhana" story but it didn't happen. Because, he was sent to the seminary for me and I was sent to the seminary for him. However weird and twisted my love story was, I knew, I knew it's all up to God's plan and I'm very grateful for having Him give me the greatest blessing and for answering my prayers.