In Sickness and In Health pt. 10

Taylor and Gaga were able to comfort the kids after telling them, Sarah was acting out, like she always did after bad news and Sofia was just really quiet, asking a question now and then, she clinged onto her mom the whole time, Gaga thought it was her way of showing her she wouldn’t let her go and was kind of moved by that. Joey was just his happy self, he didn’t understand anyway, which Gaga and Taylor were thankful for, because he won’t remember it later in life and that’ll be less traumatic. The trip home wasn’t really fun either, everybody was just a little down, Sarah was throwing fits and Taylor constantly had to put her straight “I don’t wanna go home” she said angrily, Taylor took a deep breath trying to calm himself down “don’t you wanna spent Christmas with grandma and grandpa?” but all he got from that was a “no!” and she ran away. Gaga who was changing Joey looked sympathetically at her husband, she kind of regretted the decision of telling them before Christmas, and she just hoped the holiday wouldn’t be ruined, especially because Gaga was really missing her family back home in New York and Christmas was special to her, almost holy. “Sofia honey, are you ready to leave?” her daughter looked up from drawing and nodded “yes mommy” putting her coloring book in her little backpack. Taylor walked back holding Sarah whose angry face was red and puffy from crying, Gaga looked at him “she’s just tired” he said, knowing it won’t be the end of it, Gaga nodded and held Joey with one hand and the other she touched the wooden stairs and sighed “I’m gonna miss this house” reaching with that same hand to her eldest daughter who grabbed it “me too” Sofia said sadly. Taylor just nodded “let’s go” and grabbed a suitcase.

“Mommy?” Gaga woke up from her nap after her daughter asked for attention “yeah baby?” she said yawning, Sarah’s lip was quivering and she looked like she was about to cry “I’m sorry” Gaga’s eyes grew big “oh baby why are you sorry?” and picked her up, putting her on her lap “I don’t want you to be mad at me” Gaga stroked her daughters hair, holding her close “I am not mad” Sarah started to cry and clamped Gaga’s dress in her tiny hands. Gaga knew Sarah could get very angry when she was in a situation where she had no control over, which wasn’t very handy, but atleast she understands why. “But you can’t behave like that Sarah, have you apologized to daddy?” Sarah looked her mom in her eyes, which she shared the same eye color with and said “no” Gaga nodded “well come here, give me a kiss and apologize to daddy, ok honey?”  Sarah smiled and kissed her mother “ok!” Sarah jumped off her lap and started to walk away “when we get home, we’re gonna cut you hair, it’s getting way too long” and playfully padded Sarah on her butt, Sarah turned around with a shocked expression “no mommy, I am my hair” Gaga was surprised by that answer, laughed and shook her head “you’re way too wise for a 3-year old” and Sarah ran towards her dad, a little wobbly because of the airplane and jumped in his arms, Gaga looked at them and sighed, it made her even realize more how much she loved her quirky daughter.

When they did finally arrive back in New York, it was snowing, not even a little, but a lot, it was beautiful. “look Joey it’s snowing!” as she walked out of the plane carrying her son, Joey tried to catch the snowflakes with his hands and putting it in his mouth “snow!” he squealed, Gaga laughed “yeah snow!”. Sofia hopped off the stairs, smiling, followed by Taylor who was holding a very sleepy Sarah, they were all clothed in thick winter coats, scarfs and hats. Some people who worked at the airport sprinted to them and took care of the luggage; it would be put in their car already. “Sofia” Gaga yelled at her daughter who was playing in the snow and reached out her hand “come here”, Sofia looked disappointed “but I wanna play in the snow” Gaga smiled “I’m sorry baby, but we need to get home, I’ll take you to the park later ok?” Sofia ran back towards her mom, grabbing her hand “ok”. As usual they went through an army of paparazzi while walking towards their car and securing the kids into their car seats. But before Gaga got in herself Taylor walked to her, he was covered in snow, as well as she “wait” he said “what?” but before she could do a thing more he passionately kissed her, not caring about the people that surrounded them, “merry Christmas, I love you” he said after breaking their kiss, Gaga looked stunned “I love you too”, he opened the car door, signaling for her to go in as he smiled at her. Taylor loved that he could still surprise his wife.