1. first encounter

"Girl, we need to hurry up!"

There's a party at Brandon's place because our school's football team won. Brandon is the most popular and richest guy at school, the team's quarterback and Zoe's boyfriend. I've heard his house is massive but I've never been there. Zoe told me he has a whirlpool and a swimming pool in his backyard. And I'm pretty sure his bedroom is at least three times as big than mine.

As Zoe goes to the bathroom to take a quick shower, I grab my dress for tonight out of its bag. It's a black, mid-thigh dress with long sleeves and has an open back. I put on my dress and look at myself in the mirror. I'm looking pretty good. I turn on my curling iron and take my heels out of their box – black stilettos with gold details. I put them on to walk them in, I have only worn them three times so they're still a little tight. I open my dresser and take out my jewelry box. I open the box and grab a gold ring with a big, black diamond and a matching gold necklace with the same black diamond, only bigger. Only seconds later, my curling iron beeps and Zoe walks in just in time for me to curl her hair. I curl Zoe's hair and get ready to do my make-up. Since I'm wearing my hair in box braids, there's not much for me to do to my hair. I walk towards the bathroom, taking my make-up bag with. I stand in front of the mirror and put my hair in a half-up-half-down hairstyle so I can put on some make-up. I put on a light layer of foundation, concealer and setting powder. Then put on some eyeshadow, eyeliner and I finish off with some fake lashes and mascara. You know how that goes. By the time I get out of the bathroom, Zoe is fully dressed, did her hair and her make-up and is putting on her shoes.

"We look hot!" She says as we stand in front of my mirror.

"Yes, we do, oh my God!" I agree.

"So, you ready to go?"

"Yeah! Wait, no." I say and grab a purse from my bed. I put a package of gum, a lip balm and a package of tissues in it and I grab my phone from its charger. "Now I'm ready!"

Once we arrive downstairs, I see my parents on the couch, watching TV. We say our goodbyes and go outside. A few seconds later we see a black car arriving at my door, Georgina and Emily. Georgina, Emily, Zoe and I have been friends since elementary school. We went through so much and still, to this day, I am beyond happy to call them my best friends. We get into the car and drive to Brandon's house.

"Tonight's gonna be so much fun!" Emily says as she looks through her rearview mirror to back of the car where we are seated.

"I know! Are there going to be any hot boys? Because if there will, KJ and I will go hunt." Georgina says.

"Hell yeah!" I shout. "But you need to pay attention to the road right know because, first of all, you just got your license and I don't think you wanna lose it, right?"

"No, oh my God!

"And second, I don't wanna die so, girl, focus!" I joke and everyone laughs. A few minutes later, we arrive at what seems like a goddamn mansion but actually is Brandon's house. It is massive.

We get out of the car and walk up to the front yard which is covered in red cups and drunk people. As we arrive at the door, we see Brandon. He's wearing dark washed, slightly distressed skinny jeans, black Vans and a white t-shirt. His dark brown hair pushed up to a quiff and his big, brown eyes shining through his glasses, as always.

"Hey winner." Zoe says as she walks up to him and kisses him.

"Hi baby, hi girls." He says and hugs each one of us. "You look beautiful, all of you." He smiles.

Brandon is just the nicest guy I know. I like to think he's Zoe's best boyfriend. All of her ex-boyfriends took advantage of her and used her just because she's pretty. I believe Brandon truly loves her. When you hear that he's popular and rich and the school's best player, you'd think he's stuck up, right? Well, he isn't. He's so sweet and cares about everyone. He always helps me and the girls with boy problems and me with my math homework. Ladies and gentlemen, Brandon Arreaga.

We all walk in and sit down on a sofa, his house is even bigger on the inside. Brandon offers us drinks despite the fact that not all of us are legal yet; I'm 17, almost 18, Georgina turns 18 in three months, Emily is 18 and so is Zoe. Moments later Brandon appears again holding four red cups that we have seen all over the place. He hands us each a red cup filled with pink fluid. Without hesitating, we all take a sip. It's sweet and warms my stomach when I swallow it. We get onto a conversation about the game the boys played earlier today. I'm the first one to finish my drink and ask Brandon or a refill, but he comes back with the entire bottle instead. He hands me the bottle and I refill my cup. After four more cups of the pink fluid I'm starting to feel light headed.

"Anyone wanna dance?" I slur.

"Nah, I'm tired." Emily says.

"Yeah, I think we're good. You can go, though, but be careful!" Georgina agrees.

"Okay, I'll just go by myself!" I cheerfully say and start walking towards the crowd of people in the middle of the living room. I start dancing, moving my hips in the rhythm of the music. I suddenly feel two warm hands latching themselves onto my hips.

"Mind if I join?"