Memories & Tears

Regina's POV
Breakfast was great and luckily we left before Mary and Emma could say anything about us. We get home and I can feel something is wrong. I let go of David's hand and a frown forms on my face. Someone's here. I can feel it. "Regina what's wrong" David asks.

"Shh" I say covering his mouth. I turn around to David with fearful eyes.

"Someone's here" I whisper.

"Who" David asks.

"I don't know" I turn back around but David grabs my hand.

"Don't" he says. I hear movement upstairs and I grab Henry's hand. What the hell.

"Stay here" I shake my head.

"David no" he kisses me and tells us to stay down here. He grabs his gun and goes upstairs. I have a bad feeling about this. I hear more shuffling and then two gun shots. I quickly run upstairs and into my room and David is on the floor.

"Oh my god" I whisper running to him. I get on my knees and there blood and he's holding his chest.

"Regina I-I" I quickly cut him off.

"No no I can't let you say that because your not dying David you can't die on me please David don't leave me" his eyes start to close and I rest my hand on his face and cry. "No David please" I hear sirens and people with a stretcher walk in.

"Mom is he going to be okay" I shake my head and sobs holding myself. Henry wraps his arms around me and I cry into his shoulder.

"We need to get to the hospital" henry nods and we hurry to the hospital.

"Madame mayor what are you doing here" asks Archie. I wave him off I can't talk right now.

"Is David Nolan here" I ask.

"So it's true he's with you, and I can't give out that information" I go to choke her with my magic but I grab my hand and try to calm down. I'm really trying here.

"Can you at least tell me if he is alive" I ask calmly.

"He's alive and in surgery they don't know if he will make it" a tear slips from my eyes and I don't even care if I am vulnerable and weak in front of everyone. This is why I can't be in relationships. Who the hell shot him? I will kill them! I grab my phone to call Mary Margaret. Even if she isn't his wife anymore she should know.

"Hi Regina why are you calling me" I can't tell if she meant for that to be rude or not but oh well.

"Um David was shot and he's in surgery" I say trying not to break down and cry.

"Is he okay" she asks frantically. I can't help but feel jealous at her reaction. His ex girlfriend who probably still love him.'

"They don't know if he will make it you should probably call Emma and come here" I hear shuffling and then she hangs up. Well that was just rude. I take a deep breath before walking back in and sitting down next to Henry.

I see Doctor Whale walking towards us looking almost defeated. No no! Tears already fill my eyes thinking about what he's going to say. I stand up and Henry does too grabbing my hand. I see Mary Margaret walk in with Neal in her arms and Emma by her side but I turn my head to whale nervously. "I'm so sorry Regina... we did everything we could" he barely finished his sentence before I broke down crying.

Every day I wake up
I hope I'm dreamin'
I can't believe this shit
Can't believe you ain't here
Sometimes it's just hard for a nigga to wake up
It's just hard to just keep goin'
It's like I feel empty inside without you bein' here
I would do anything man, to bring you back
I'd give all this shit, shit the whole knot
I saw your son today
He look just like you
You was the greatest
You'll always be the greatest
I miss you Big
Can't wait till that day, when I see your face again
I can't wait till that day, when I see your face again
Yeah, this right here (tell me why)
Goes out, to everyone, that has lost someone
That they truly loved (c'mon, check it out)
Seems like yesterday we used to rock the show
I laced the track, you locked the flow
So far from hangin' on the block for dough
Notorious, they got to know that
Life ain't always what it seem to be (uh-uh)
Words can't express what you mean to me
Even though you're gone, we still a team
Through your family, I'll fulfill your dream (that's right)
In the future, can't wait to see
If you open up the gates for me
Reminisce some time, the night they took my friend (uh-huh)
Try to black it out, but it plays again
When it's real, feelings hard to conceal
Can't imagine all the pain I feel
Give anything to hear half your breath (half your breath)
I know you still living your life, after death
Every step I take, every move I make
Every single day, every time I pray
I'll be missing you
Thinkin' of the day, when you went away
What a life to take, what a bond to break
I'll be missing you
I miss you Big
It's kinda hard with you not around (yeah)
Know you in heaven smilin' down
Watchin' us while we pray for you
Every day we pray for you
Till the day we meet again
In my heart is where I'll keep you friend
Memories give me the strength I need (uh-huh) to proceed
Strength I need to believe
My thoughts big I just can't define (can't define)
Wish I could turn back the hands of time
Us in the six, shop for new clothes and kicks
You and me taking flicks
Makin' hits, stages they receive you on
Still can't believe you're gone (can't believe you're gone)
Give anything to hear half your breath (half your breath)
I know you still living you're life, after death
Every step I take, every move I make
Every single day, every time I pray
I'll be missing you
Thinkin' of the day, when you went away
What a life to take, what a bond to break
I'll be missing you
Somebody tell me why
One black morning
When this life is over
I know
I'll see your face
Every day that passes
Is a day that I get closer
To seeing you again
We miss you big, and we won't stop
'Cause we can't stop, that's right

Whale wraps his arms around my back and I cover my face crying. It's like the tears just wont stop. "No no" says Mary. I move away from Whale and wipe my face. "I'm sorry" says whale. Emma and Mary look shocked and sad. "Can we see him" I ask. He nods and leads us four to the same room he was in when the curse wasn't broken and he was in a coma.

I walk in all I hear is my heels clicking against the floor boards and the people walking behind me. He's shirtless laying on the bed and I can see the bullet is still in his stomach. "You didn't take it out" I ask turning back around. "It's safer to keep it in" Whale says. I nod and walk slowly over to the bed. I stand on the side of the bed and grab his hand attempting to swallow my tears.

*flashback*
It was my day off and Henry and David wanted to have a movie marathon because they are children. I agreed because I have nothing better to do today. David is sitting on the couch and I'm in leggings and a white shirt thats super tight so it's hugging my chest. David bites his lip looking me up and down. I wrap the blanket around me and pull it closer so he can't stare me down. "Why" he whines. I chuckle and jump onto his lap like a child would. He smacks my ass and I look at him in shock. "Hey keep your hands away mister" he chuckles and brings his hands to my boobs. "David don't start" I mumble. He slides his hands in my shirt and grabs my boobs again. My bra is still separating his hands from my flesh. "This shouldn't be on" he says toying with the band of my bra. "Mhm it shouldn't" I ask. He lays me down and I close my eyes. "Your so stunning babe" I blush and open my eyes he's holding himself up with his hands by my head. He leans down to kiss me but I move my head and he ends up kissing my cheek. "No kisses for you" I say. "Who says" I giggle at his annoyed face because I rejected his kiss.

"Don't play with me Regina. I just want a kiss from my beautiful girlfriend"

"Well she doesn't want to kiss you"

"Why"

"Because I said so" he laughs and kisses me anyway. I pout and he pecks my lips once he pulls away. "I said no"

"I said yes"

*End of flashback*

I cry thinking of how that will never happen again. I can't kiss his face or wake up in his arm ever again. I won't be able to yell at him for distracting me from work by taking his shirt off and teasing me. He can't annoy me while I'm trying to cook. No more cuddles, late night kisses, early morning confessions of love. None of that can happen because he's dead.

________
1638 words