Day Four: Everland

Day Four: Everland
(3:21 pm)

This is amazing.

We were at Everland and we were just in time for the tulip festival. It was the biggest amusement park here in South Korea. It was sort of like Disneyland. But instead of Mickey and Minnie headbands, they sold Panda and Bunny ears!

The area inside was wide. Even though there were a bunch of people, it wasn't crowded. People were so polite. I loved it and also, their fast food restaurant here. The burgers and fries were so good.

"Let's play a game," Hyun Jae suggested.

I looked at him, pausing as I placed my soda on the table. He eyed me curiously, his hands clasped together while they rested on the table.

"Truth or Dare, but mostly the truth so we can know more about each other."

I raised an eyebrow. "Like twenty questions?"

"Exactly, but the sky is the limit."

I nodded slowly, considering it while I took another sip of my drink. It sounded like a fun game, it's a classic. Besides, it wasn't like we could play anything else. When I finally made up my mind, I placed my drink back on the table.

"Call."

"Truth or Dare."

"Truth." I replied.

The corner of his lips turned up.

That should've made me nervous but I liked the challenge.

"Name three things you wouldn't want me to know about yourself."

Apparently, I forgot how clever he was.

My eyes widened. "What - "

He full on smirked now, making me roll my eyes.

"Fine," I sighed. "I...ran away from home when I was seventeen."

His brows furrowed. "Jinjja?"

"Yeah," I breathed out. "There was a time when I felt super suffocated at home. Even if my parents were always at work, they had their eyes everywhere. I honestly felt like trapped in my own home. I just wanted to get away. When I did, I made it far to the country side."

"Did they track you down?" he asked quietly.

I looked away and let out a humorless laugh, shaking my head. "Yeah, that incident made me realize that I cannot run away from my family." I shrugged and returned my eyes to Hyun Jae. "Might as well accept my fate."

"It shouldn't be that way," he said, frowning. "You should be able to choose your own path."

I snorted. "You of all people should know that it's easier said than done." I paused and turned my head down. "Besides, I learned to respect the family business."

I promise to never run away from it ever again.

"And you didn't want me to know because...?"

My fingers played with the hem of my shirt.

"I guess...I'm ashamed," I mumbled. "It was the time I was such a spoiled brat."

"You were only a kid then."

"Even so, I didn't wanna admit that my life wasn't as perfect as I wanted it to be."

"Perfect is boring, though," he pointed out lightly.

I smiled. "You're right."

"Second?"