Epilogue: Happy Ending?

Incheon Airport
(7:35 am)

"How'd you know I was coming?"

Hyun Jae turned at the sound of the voice, and his eyes widened. A Korean man who looked a few years older than him stared back.

"Jung Wook hyung!" he exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

His older brother stopped and stared at him

His older brother stopped and stared at him. "You're not here for me?" He raised an eyebrow as he scratched his clean-cut black hair, finding that fact weird. "Abeoji called me to come home."

Hyun Jae frowned, growing suspicious by the second. He didn't trust his father. Whatever his Abeoji was planning, it was definitely far from good.

"Why?"

Jung Wook shrugged. "He told me I needed to attend a wedding - family unification for a better business or something like that. It has arranged marriage written all over it."

Hyun Jae couldn't agree more.

"Nugu (Who)?"

Jung Wook studied his little brother, who appeared far too interested in the subject. Why wasn't he informed about this? Why didn't father tell Hyun Jae, why only Jung Wook?

"Who's getting married?" asked Hyun Jae, stepping closer to his brother in case he might miss the answer.

Jung Wook raised his chin. "Where have you been? Why aren't you aware of the wedding?"

Hyun Jae opened his mouth to speak but his phone started ringing then. He glanced at the screen and tensed when he saw who was calling. He took a deep breath, before answering.

"Abeoji."

"Hyun Jae ah," called his Abeoji. "We need to talk. Come home."

"Araseo," deadpanned Hyun Jae. Just like that, his nerves were all over the place. When his father hang up, he turned to Jung Wook who was still watching him. "It's me, isn't it?"

Jung Wook didn't answer. From his brother's silence, Hyun Jae nodded in understanding. Jung Wook sighed and slapped Hyun Jae's shoulder in encouragement, smiling sheepishly.

"Chukha-hae (Congrats)?"

But Hyun Jae wasn't listening. His mind was on another place, working on overdrive - his heart pounding harder against his chest the more he thought things through. He didn't want to believe it that he will get married.

"Hyung," he began, his brows furrowed as his brain ticked wildly, "did Abeoji mentioned who the other party is?"

"Oh, I think she's some - daughter of a business tycoon from the Philippines? Ah, her name is Ivory Mendoza, the Hotel Heiress."

Hyun Jae blinked at Jung Wook.

"Why do you look so surprised?" asked Jung Wook, chuckling. "Jae ah, don't forget who we are."

Hyun Jae shook his head, snapping out of it.

"You mean what we are," he countered.

He wouldn't admit to Jung Wook, but never in his life was he ever thankful of what he was born into than at that moment.

"You made it sound like it's a bad thing," snorted Jung Wook. Then he pointed a finger at Hyun Jae, and added, "Neoneun Mafia Wangja, Kim Hyun Jae. Deal with it."

There were a lot of things Hyun Jae and Jung Wook disagreed on. But this was one of those times that Hyun Jae gladly agreed with his older brother.

For the first time in his life, Hyun Jae was looking forward to doing what was expected of him as the son of his father. There was no anger or dread, just anticipation.

"Hyun Jae ah, do you remember who you are now?" asked Jung Wook.

The corner of Hyun Jae's mouth turned up, and he flashed his brother a smirk. He was finally ready to claim what was his.

"Naneun Kim Hyun Jae imnida, Mafia Wangja."

I'm Kim Hyun Jae, a Mob Prince.

________________________

Everyone wants a happy ending, right? 😊

So, do you want me to write a sequel about it?

For now, I will leave your imagination to run wild 😉

Thank you for the support in this story. 🙇🏻‍♀️🙏🏻

Annyeong for now~ ✌🏻💕