Chapter 7

Surprisingly school was one of the Jimin's favorite places. He was always eager to learn new things and it was nice to see his friends at least two times a week and get his mind in somewhere else as a matter of fact.

The school was way more developed in here than Jimin's old pack and that was why it was so interesting. He didn't question anymore why Namjoon was so fascinated by different packs and their traditions.

In their pack, the school was compulsory for the age ten to eighteen so Jimin had little over two years to go. He didn't know what he would do after his school years were over. He liked taking care of the cubs, but he would like to do the same researching as Namjoon.

Does he even work if he becomes a Luna?

When the years had passed the school had changed in Jimin's part, like in all others. All the Omega's had been shoved into different classes as well as the other ranks. It was expected because Omega's had to learn different things than others.

That left Jimin alone without his two best friends in class – which the teachers were great for. They only saw each other in short lunch breaks.

"You don't even understand how boring my classes are," Taemin complains when they sat down to eat. "Like, you guys have your cool Omega and Alpha things, but there is no much information about Beta's."

That was true. Along the years the Beta's population has reduced because it was most likely to present as an Alpha or Omega than a Beta. Beta's are in fact only the 10% of the world's population.

"Well, you don't have to suffer from ruts or heats. Mine was the most terrible and annoying as hell," Wonshik complains and takes a sip of his water.

Jimin almost forgets that Wonshik was an Alpha and already 16 so he started to get his ruts. He had yet couple weeks to go before he was 16 and capable to have heats so he couldn't relate.

"You're always fucking horny anyway so what's the difference?" Taemin teases and earns a slap from the Alpha.

Jimin chuckles and shoves more food into his mouth.

"Anyway, about Beta's. Will you become a wanderer?" Wonshik asks and makes Jimin frown in his seat.

"What's that?"

"Often after reaching 18 years of age Beta's wants to become wanderers that basically means they leave their pack and goes to wander around the world to find other Beta's," Taemin explains in a bored tone.

"And then they fuck and grows their population," Wonshik says grinning, making Jimin lift his eyebrows in shock and amusement.

It was very rare that Beta would mate with anyone else than a other Beta, because of the chances of getting a child that would present as a Beta was more unlikely with an Alpha or an Omega.

"Will you leave?" Jimin asks with his puppy eyes. He doesn't want that his best friend would leave him as selfish as it sounds.

"I don't know yet. I mean I want to become a doctor and if I go to find myself a Beta to mate with, that dream is long gone," Taemin states and hits his head on the table, frustrated. Jimin pats his head gently. "I'm too young for this," Taemin cries.

"Why don't you mate with our packs Beta's?" Jimin asks which makes Wonshik roll his eyes.

"Jimin, how many Beta's have you seen in our pack?" Wonshik asks with raised brows. Jimin says a quiet 'none'. "Yeah, we have one Beta in our pack besides Taemin and he is seventy-nine years old by now," Wonshik finishes.

"Oh."

"Can we stop talking about this and do something fun after the last lesson?" Taemin mumbles, his head still laying on the table.