Swallow Your Pride.

" Family defines you, even if it does demand sacrifice."

 I was not woken very kindly by Jughead throwing one of my chunky heels on my bed saying to get dressed because we had to go meet Penny Peabody at pops

As we're walking into pop's he searches to find her at a booth and mumbles to me
" I do not understand with the extreme lack of clothing you wear how it could possibly take you that long to get ready" I go to make a comment back but am cut off by us finding Peabody.
-
" Penny, we can't pay for you helping our dad-" I try to finish but like everyone's favorite activity she cuts me off
" You're dad needs more help, FP got in a little accident with some Ghoulies in the prison showers the other day" I cover my mouth in complete and utter shock.
" Is he okay?" Jug says
" well they messed up that pretty little face of his" she goes on to explain the Ghoulies are getting payback for what Archiekins did at the race.
" What can we do? To get him out?"
Then we find out we need money.. Of course money source of all bad things in the world.
" I have 18 dollars to my name" Juggie deadpans, then Penny turns her attention to me.
" Don't look at me, I have to beg my friends to by me a burger"
She then says she will give us a one time delivery job, I lean towards her side of the table.
" What's in the crate peabody?"
" Let's say umm pancake mix" She smirks as she responds
When we object she says she will use our cuts in our dads case possibly getting him early release.
" Okay we'll do it" I agree
" Good kids" She then removes her self from the table saying she'd send us the rest of the details. I watch her walk all the way out wondering if I had just saved my dad or signed my life away to the devil.

——————————————————————-A few hours later I find out Penny wants to send us on two separate runs, so Jughead is already gone with Archie before I even know who to call, I remember I've seen him drive around the guys in some big truck

A few hours later I find out Penny wants to send us on two separate runs, so Jughead is already gone with Archie before I even know who to call, I remember I've seen him drive around the guys in some big truck.. I don't want to bring him into this, but I have to do this for my Dad.
I grab my phone from the kitchen table sitting in front of me and start to dial it rings twice before answered
" I really need you"
" I'm listening.." he hums out
" If you help me with this. I will let you hold it over me the rest of my life.. but right now I need you Sweet Pea"