Chapter 5

I wake up to the sound of my annoying alarm clock screaming right in my ear.

I'm not a person to lie around in bed for a while after my wake up call. I rather rise straight away.

Cams house was fun last night. We watched a movie and we talked about the whole Matthew situation.

I've decided I think it's best just to keep a normal friendship with Matt, and not over react when he's with other girls.

Cam told me that Matthew has a new chick by his side every day, no miss. I hate that. I hate how boys treat us like something they can just throw away when they've used it.

I've also found out from my friend Sophie that Matthew does have a sweet side, but that only shows sometimes.

I texted Sophie last night, cam gave me her number. I hope she wasn't freaked out by that, but anyway, she replied and cam told me to invite her over to his place, turns out they're friends too.

I like the way things are turning out for me right now. Ive decided to keep a blank emotion on how I feel about Matt. I don't want him ruining things, and I don't want to pick up feelings for him.

"Tay, come down for breakfast, honey!" I hear my mom call.

Total cringe.

"Coming!" I yell, from upstairs.

I quickly get dressed. Today is Friday, thank goodness for that!

I put on my wash out pink crop top, with denim ripped shorts and black sandals. (Flip flops)

I decide on doing my hair and makeup after breakfast. I hate rushing and racing.

As I walk downstairs I hear Jessica singing the theme song to 'Dora the Explorer' her favourite programme.

I can hear my mom singing it along with her.

I laugh and walk into the kitchen as I take a seat beside Jess.

Mom and Ryan sit across from us, mom opposite Jess and Ryan opposite me.

Ryan huffs and rolls his eyes as he swirls his spoon around the cereal bowl.

"What's up with you?" I ask, looking at him.

"He's angry at me because I don't have time to bring him to his football game later tonight.." Mom answers my question, as she brings over a plate of pancakes to the table.

"Well, I can bring him?" I say, shrugging.

I take a glance at Ryan and see his eyes light up.

"Please mom, please, please, please?" Ryan begs.

"Taylor, don't be silly. You don't drive" mom says, rolling her eyes and taking a seat.

"We can take a ride with cameron, he's probably going anyway, remember Ryan said his dad is the coach?" I say, pointing out the obvious to my mom.

"Oh yeah, you gotta bring Jess though." Mom says.

"I will." I say, bringing my empty bowl over to the dish washer.

"Gran will pick you two up after school, alright?" My mom says to my two siblings.

They both nod simultaneously.

Before I know it my mom and the two kids are gone out the door.

I guess I better go make my way to school.

***

*DING* the first bell goes and the hallways start to empty as I rush to my locker.

"You're late" I hear a voice call behind me.