Chapter 19

The tapping of my black high-top converse meeting the schools old and rusty floor echoes around me.

I skid around the corridors, my long brown hair flicking side to side as I run.

A little advice from me, kids-

Don't be late for class.

I always seem to be one of the few people who are always seen out in the hallways, rushing and racing to get to class before it's too late.

I skid around the last corner, my converse almost giving way because I've been so rough on them.

- And that's when I bump into someone.

"Sorry, I- " I pause, looking up at the person.

Matt.

"It's okay." He smiles.

Great. (Note the sarcasm)

Just my luck.

We stand there, looking awkwardly at each other for a moment.

"I need to go." I say shaking my head, I begin to walk away.

"Taylor, wait, please!" Matthew holds my waist and spins me around to face him.

"What?" I snap.

He furrows his eyebrows, looking confused, he hesitates.

"Why don't you like me?" He asks, like it's first nature.

I let out a 'ha', throwing my head back.

I look at him.

"Why don't I like you?" I repeat, sneering at his dumb question.

"Yeah, I mean.. Why haven't you fallen for me? Why haven't you came running to me?" He smirks.

I narrow my eyes at how big headed and cocky he's acting.

"Because I'm not like all the others, Matt, I'm not gonna wait around for you to hurt me!" I yell, walking away.

I'm only a few steps away when I'm interrupted by another one of his lame remarks.

"C'mon Taylor, you know I'm your dream guy!" He smiles.

I turn around to face him.

"No, you're so wrong Matt." I laugh, throwing my head back before I continue, "I'm not a slut like all your other minions, - and you?"

I pause, walking right up to him.

"You're a fucking whores dream guy"

I see his jaw drop before I turn on my heels and run to class, not because I'm late, but because I know what was gonna come next.

I run until I'm out of breath. I look behind me, making sure Matt is nowhere near me.

And then I get to class.

***

I burst into my first period that had started a good five minutes ago.

Everyone's eyes are on me.

"Take a picture, it's guaranteed to last a lot longer." I smile sarcastically to everyone looking.

I'm in that sort of bitchy mood, It's easy to know my personality's back.

"Take a seat and less of the sarcasm, Parker." Mrs Johnson states, pointing to an empty seat.

I drop my bag down at my desk and plop myself down in the chair.