Inside Out and Back Again

"Home..." Tord said softly. He teared up. "After all I did to you... how can you find the kindness to welcome me back into your life?" He asked. "Tord..." Edd said, searching his brain for something to say. "Stupid fucking commie! You're not the only one with a sob story. We've been going through hell too. But out of all of us, Edd's the one who was hit the hardest! I don't know if you could tell, but he stopped taking care of himself ever since you-" Tom was cut off by Tord raising his voice.
"And what did you do to help him?! Not a goddamn thing!" He shouted, tears running down his face. Tom looked at him, eyes wide. "I.... We tried to help, but..." Tord held up his hand signalling for him to shut up. "But nothing! How long did you try to do something for him before you gave up altogether? Two months?" He asked angrily. "And a half..." Edd said quietly.
Tom was quiet. Matt sniffled. "You just let him stop taking care of himself. At least my soldiers never gave up on me. If I'd been here, if I hadn't been such a fucking idiot, I'd have taken care of him!" Tord shouted. "If you had been here, then none of this would have happened!" Tom yelled back.
"Tom-" Matt warned. "Don't you think I know that? When I left, we both fell apart. We both lost a piece of ourselves that day, and we spent an entire year searching for it. I had two friends to help me try to rebuild myself. And Edd? Edd had none. You call yourselves his friends, right? Friends support each other when they need it most. Friends take care of each other. Friends don't let their friend waste away to a third of the person they once were!" Tord said.
"W-we didn't know what to do!" Matt said. Edd stood up, tears running down his face. "Because you never asked me what I needed!" He said. "This whole time, all I needed was for someone to take care of me, and make me feel like I wasn't just a waste of space! And I never thought that the one who did this to me would be the one who would fix everything in the end!"