The Pieces Fall Into Place

A familiar pair of shoes came into Edd's line of sight. "Why are you guys on the floor?" Edd looked up. "Matt? What are you doing here?" He asked. Matt pointed down the hall in the direction that Edd had been previously running. "Mark told me Tom was here, so I picked up the car and came to see him." He said. Tord stood up, then held out a hand to pull Edd to his feet. Edd absentmindedly slipped the mirror shard into his pocket. "Let's go then." He said. They walked down the corridor to Tom's room. Matt went over to Tom's bedside. "Tom?" Tom didn't respond. Matt gently poked his cheek. "Tom, wake up." He said. Again, there was no response. "Matt, I don't think that's going to work..." Edd said. Matt ignored him, his voice starting to shake. "Tom, just wake up already! This isn't funny!" He said. Tears started spilling down his cheeks. He covered his eyes with his hands. "It's not funny..." he sobbed. Suddenly he heard a familiar tired voice. "Matt? What's wrong?" Matt moved his hands away from his eyes as Tom sat up and swung his legs over the side of the bed. Matt leaped forward, wrapping his arms tightly around his boyfriend. Tom winced at the impact, carefully wrapping his arms around Matt. "Don't scare me like that." Matt said softly, burying his face in Tom's shoulder. "I'm sorry..." Tom said, gently rubbing Matt's back. As Matt opened his eyes to pull away, he saw something that froze him to his core. "Matt? Are you okay?" Tom asked. Matt slightly pulled back so that his face was visible. He shakily pointed to the wall behind Tom. Edd looked at where he was pointing and noticed that there was an object there that hadn't been there when they'd entered the room. The mirror frame from the attic was hanging on the wall, it's only shard of glass still pulsing a faint glowing purple. "Wait... Is that what this goes to?" Edd asked, holding up his green shard. Matt turned to look at him as Tord pulled out his red shard. "I have one too." He said. Tom carefully reached under the pillow and pulled out his hoodie, retrieving his blue shard from the pocket. "Me too..." he said. Matt stood up, walking over to the frame and taking it off the wall. He looked down at it. "I just don't know how it got here... I never took it off my dresser." He said quietly. He brought it over to the others and sat down on the side of the bed. "Should we put the shards in?" Edd asked. Tom was already way ahead of him, placing his shard into the mirror frame. As soon as he set it in, the edge touching Matt's shard disappeared, fusing the two pieces together. Edd placed his shard in next and the same thing happened. Tord carefully placed his shard in the last spot, watching as it fused with the others. The surface of the mirror rippled, and Matt curiously reached his fingers out to touch the surface. His arm was suddenly sucked into the glass, the frame expanding. "Matt!" Tom grabbed his other arm, desperately trying to pull his arm out. The mirror kept sucking Matt through the portal, the frame growing even larger as it pulled him in up to his waist. Edd grabbed onto Tom's feet as he too was sucked into the portal. Tord wrapped his arms around Edd's waist and pulled with all of his strength, but the suction of the portal proved to be too much, pulling all of them inside. The mirror shrunk back to its previous size before floating back to its place on the wall. The four boys found themselves falling through a reflective tunnel filled with a strange iridescent liquid. Something about the place was comforting, and they found themselves becoming extremely drowsy. Matt was the first to fall asleep, going deadweight in the reflective void. Tom fell asleep next, his grip on Matt's arm faltering and then failing completely. As Edd's grip on Tom's ankles loosened, Tord shook him. "Edd, stay awake!" He said. His voice sounded distant. "Sorry... I'm just so tired..." Edd said. He fell asleep, Tord gripping him tightly. Even as Tord fell into the depths of slumber, he refused to let Edd go.