0.0

Prologue

Lily//

*eighth grade year*

I opened my locker, throwing my books in and slamming the door shut. I turned around and saw my best friend since age 5, Calum, with a few popular guys.

I frowned, not knowing what to do with myself. Calum hated the popular people, we both thought they were stuck up. He caught my eye and smirked, then turned around and completely disappeared into the crowd of people exiting the building.

I shrugged, deciding to walk home on my own. Walking down the street with my headphones in, I thought about Calum and what he was doing with people like that. I shook my head, trying to push away the thoughts and enjoy the beginning of my weekend.

A week later I sat on the edge of my bed, nervously tapping my fingers along with the Pink Floyd song blasting throughout my room. I had called Calum and told him to come over thirty minutes ago, and he hasn't shown up yet.

I looked out my window to find none other than Calum and his new friend Ashton outside my house, trying to quickly finish a cigarette. I rolled my eyes, running down the stairs to open the door for them.

"Hey." Calum smirked at me as I stared at them in shock.

"H-hi." I managed to get out.

They were both wearing all black, which was undeniably hot. Ashton was wearing a red bandana, which somehow he made work. Calum had his dark hair into a quiff, and his black skinny jeans were ripped at the knees just like Ashton's.

"Come in." I snapped out of my thoughts, and stepped back a little to let them in.

Ashton smiled, stepping inside before Calum.

"So, what did you want to talk to me about?" Calum asked.

"Well, first of all I wanted to talk alone." I snapped, rolling my eyes.

"Alright." He smirked at me.

I sighed, grabbing his arm and taking him into the kitchen. He leaned against the counter, smiling at me.

"What the hell Calum?!" I yelled, instantly lowering my voice since Ashton was right in the other room.

He raised an eyebrow, smirking as he told me to continue.

"We've spent our entire middle school lives making fun of popular people, and then you decide to go and going their group? What the hell?" I said, getting even more angry.

"I thought it would be fun." He shrugged, chuckling a bit.

"Ugh, whatever. Why don't you just leave. And don't come back. I don't want any potheads in my house." I said, pushing him out of my kitchen.

Ashton walked over to us, a confused look on his face.

Calum glared at me before pushing me up against the wall, his face inches from mine.

"Have fun being a good girl, Torres." he whispered, making my heart stop.

Ashton looked uncomfortable as Calum dragged him out the door.

As they left, I could hear Ashton say, "Hey, I mean good girls are bad girls that haven't been caught."

I rolled my eyes, slamming the door for what I thought was forever.

~