five

Karen:
It's been 32 hours since Millie was bit by Dane. Mika hasn't left her side at all and has barely slept. Maya is there whenever she doesn't have Harmony. I take Harmony as long as I can and still manage my school and home routine. It's hard on everyone in different ways. I knock on the door.

"Hey, I kinda need to do my homework.."

Maya opens the door and walks out.

"Okay. Hi babes!"

She picks up Harmony and instantly changes her mood.

Maya:
I take Harmony into the kitchen and sit her in her high chair. I turn on the oven and put fries on a tray.

"Did you have fun playing with Kar?"
"Yeah. We payed wit dolls."

I open the fridge and take out some hotdogs and put them in a pan with water. As the water boils I take a deep breathe and sigh. Then I suddenly feel sick to my stomach. I hold my stomach and smile when I feel Lucas's hands on my shoulders. I turn and he kisses my forehead.

"How's she doing?"
"She's been mumbling things in her sleep but we can't understand them. She looks so tired and drained."

He grabs my hands in his.

"She's gonna be okay. It takes time but she will be her happy self again. I promise."

We kiss and it gets passionate until the oven goes off. I laugh and put the fries in.

"Mommy and Daddy silly."
"We think you're pretty silly too Harm."

Harmony looks at us and smiles. Lucas and I smile and hold each other as we relax and enjoy this family friendly moment. The rest of the night goes fine. We all eat dinner and go to bed.
-
Lucas:
The next morning I wake up to Maya drooling and Harmony holding onto our arms right as she mumbles in her sleep. I stare at my two precious girls and smile. I kiss them both on the head as I get up to get dressed. Getting my jeans on is no problem until I go to put on my shirt. As I'm looking for one I hear yelling coming from Millie and Mika's room. I rush over to them.

"Get away Millie!"
"I need it!!"

I stand in the door way to see Mika shoved into the closet being surrounded by Millie. I walk up behind her to restrain her but she senses me and attacks.