Chapter Twenty-Five: Wavering Allegiance

T'Challa took (Y/N)'s hand and pulled her along with him. His grip was a little tight and it bothered (Y/N).

"You and Zuri have been keeping secrets and I want to know now." T'Challa gruffed tightening his grip.

"T'Challa your hurting me." (Y/N) said. T'Challa looked at their hands then loosened his grip.

"I'm sorry." He said. It was a moment before he spoke switching the way he was holding her hand. He intertwined their fingers. "I knew I would be learning secrets kept from me but kept from me by my wife. That hurts."

"Your father made me promise not to tell anyone. Including you. I have been trying to tell you but Zuri didn't want me to." She explained. (Y/N) heard two gun shots go off and looked around. When T'Challa didn't react she tried to ignore it.

"Leave us." T'Challa said to everyone in the room without taking his eyes off Zuri.

"So your mission did not go as planned." Zuri said glancing at (Y/N).

"What happened to my uncle N'Jobu? My father told me he disappeared. There was a man today wearing a ring identical to this one."

"That is not possible."

"He helped Klaue escape from us and he was wearing this ring! My grandfather's ring! Do not tell me what is possible. Tell me the truth!" T'Challa yelled growing angry.

"Some truths... are too much to bear, T'Challa." Zuri said trying to make excuses.

"That is not your choice to make. What happened to him?"

"I promised the king to say nothing. You swore silences too." Zuri said looking to (Y/N)

"Tell him or I will." (Y/N) said. "And I will include the parts you and my mother tried to hide from me as well."

"You remembered!?" Zuri asked in shock.

"I found the papers while fixing the house. Me and Shuri unlocked it moments ago." T'Challa looked between the two and when (Y/N) opened her mouth to talk Zuri took over.

"Your uncle took... a War Dog assignment in America. Your father placed me there to observe unbeknownst to him. Your uncle fell in love with an American woman. They had a child. The hardships he saw there radicalized your uncle. I observed for as long as I could." (Y/N) could hear the words of N'Jobu flowing from Zuri. She took T'Challa's hand so he could hear them.

Their leaders have been assassinated. Communities flooded with drugs and weapons. They are overly policed and incarcerated. All over the planet our people suffer because they don't have the tools to fight back. With vibranium weapons, they could overthrow every country... and Wakanda could rule them all the right way.

"He knew your father would not support this. So, your uncle betrayed us. He helped Klaue steal the vibranium."

You will return home at once... where you will face the Council... and inform them of your crimes. T'Chaka said.

"He drew his weapon on me."

No! T'Chaka yelled. T'Challa heard the sound of someone dying.

"Your father killed his own brother... to save my life."

Speak nothing of this. T'Chaka's voice muttered. T'Challa rip his hand from (Y/N). He moved away from her and his breathing was heavy.

"And the child?"

"We left him. We had to maintain the lie."

"A child not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth." (Y/N) growled.