Chapter 14:)

Three years and eleven months later...
April 14th, 1997
I lay down the issue of Teen Zine I'm reading. It has an article on Boy Meets World, which is my favorite show. The article is short, though, and I'm bored out of my mind. Being 15 is so lame.
My sister, Lori, is 20 years old, so she is working all the time as a photographer. She has college classes on Saturdays, but she doesn't go to University because we need money to pay for Mom's medical bills. A retirement fund and a Mini-Mart salary weren't going to cut it. Plus, Mom had to quit her job at Mini-Mart when she got her cancer. So Lori became a photographer. She loved the stuff, and she was good at it. But it didn't give her much time for family.
It was almost 1:00. At 1:00, I go downstairs to play piano for Mom. It's my Saturday routine. "Mom,Mom!" I call. I can't find her. I go to her room and find her, passed out on the floor. "MOM!" I scream, "MOM,WAKE UP!" She gives no response. I call 911.
"911, what's your emergency?"
"My mom, she just collapsed. Please help me. I'm at 5216 Violet Avenue."
"Okay honey. An ambulance is on their way."
Then I call Lori.
"Lori, you need to leave work early and take us to the hospital. Mom collapsed. Just hurry."
I tell Nana Edith what's happened, and she goes to tell Nathaniel and Collin. I just wait with Mom, until I hear a knock on the door. It's the paramedics, and they get Mom on a stretcher. She is wheeled onto the ambulance which zooms off. Lori arrives minutes later. We pile in her car to go to the hospital. I'm breathing fast, and pleading Lori to hurry.