Stranded

I sit at the bench opposite the mall stranded and confused . I know this feeling way to well. When you are at the point of drowning and you don't know what will happen next if you shove your fingers above your head . Sometimes someone may actually see it and pull you out and other times no one cares and you simply accept your fate .
It's 6.30 pm by my watch . School closed over three hours ago and that only means I have been lounging on this bench longer than necessary . Thing is I can't make up my mind on whether to meet Raphael again or just stay away and I have been doing real great at the second offer so far.
Just get this over with.
My conscience pushes me. So I get up and walk to my doom .
*  *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *    *    *   *  *  * 
The shop is a little dark. I can tell someone must be locking up. I pull my mustard trench coat tighter around myself as I stand next to the counter. The place is beautiful with dream catchers and snowballs swaying all around me. To my right there are rows of wind chimes in gold ,silver,and class.  Vases are neatly piled up according to colour behind me .
He finally steps out from a door next to the counter. I watch him thoughtfully. He hasn't noticed me yet . His grey shirt hangs loosely off his well built chest coupled up with black skinny jeans and black Snickers and a pair of silver rings dangling from his neck. He picks up   a box that blocks me out of sight.
I sigh lightly . I guess this isn't the right time . I turn around and start for the door when he says ,
" you just arrived and you are already leaving ? Anxious aren't we to get home ? "  I pause in my stride and nervously butting on my lower lip turn to him.
"It's really late." I crock and then try to clear my throat .
"Do I make you nervous ? " he asks easily closing the distance between us .
"No!." I practically scream.
"Do I scared you ? " he pauses another question this time stroking my cheek lightly with his curved forefinger . I swallow hard. I can feel his breath fanning my face lightly . I want to lean in .
"No." I reply .  But you do make my heart beat a whole lot faster .
"Good then there will be no excuse for you to leave early ."   He adds his voice stern with finality .
And like that he is off  into the other room again.
I stand there dazzled with memories of his eyes burrowing into mine . Stormy . Needy?
I snap out of  it the moment  he steps back into the room.
"Sebastian told me you two had a heart to heart today." I smile  at the thought. Did we?
"First smile of the day. Or at least it would have been if it wasn't for that block head." He grumbles lifting another box off the counter. Wait, was that jealousy I heard?
" I think he is pretty nice."
"Everybody does. Sebastian is everybody's typical mr nice guy." His tone is no longer harsh. Just resigned.
" Not surprised to think so too." He sighs disappearing and re_emerging from the room.
I watch him pick up another box from the counter before crossing over to him and placing my fingers on his chest .
" Stop. " He does.  His muscles are tense under my touch. He feels oddly hot too. His breathing is laboured as he lets go of the box and wraps his fingers over mine .
" Talk to me." I plead. I don't know but it hurts me to see him in so much pain.
" I thought  you  were mute."
"Not always." I say,
"I guess your just a lucky guy " I add.
" Not always." He smiles at me.
" But this definitely ranks as one of the moments when my luck actually gets the best of a situation ."  I smile when he winks at me and then slowly sets my fingers free.
"Let me get done with the boxes and walk you home. You were right. It is getting dark."
"Need a hand?"
" No , ma'am , I think  two will do just fine ." I laugh at his frown.
" Like seriously .I would like to think I am man enough to handle a box of chimes." I watch him stumble over a smaller box lying on the floor and say,
" you were saying ?"
" Cursed chimes."he mutters under his breath.
I actually might like this boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please vote and like💕