Chapter 1

Bhaskar belonged to a middle class family and was living in Mangalore with his wife Janaki who is a teacher in local school. They have a daughter named Lakshmi and a son named Munna. Lakshmi completed her graduation recently and Munna is working in Mumbai.

Rama works as help in their house. He is like a right hand to every member of the family and he is treated as a part of the family. Rama is assigned the task of looking after the house, Cows and distributing the milk in the neighborhood early morning and he stays in their house as he is orphan... 

They have two very interesting neighbours, one is Master Gangadhara, a colleague of Janaki and he teaches Maths... he suffers from temporary memory loss from the day he was hit by a coconut on his head🙄🙄.

The other neighbour is Dhogra along with his son Harish. Dhogra helps in plucking coconuts 🌴and dried coconut leaves in the neighborhood and Harish studies in the same school where Janaki teaches.

It was a very pleasant morning with birds chirping in joy.

Lakshmi was sitting outside her house in the bench and reading her favourite Novel.....

Harish came running getting ready to go to school...

"Good morning Akka....Did teacher left for school?" asked Harish.

"No not yet...but you should have reached school by now....Go soon else you know right you will get a lot of scolding from amma and have you seen Rama? He hasn't returned home" asked Radha.

"Yes akka will go...But before that I have to tell something about Rama"

"What is it?" asked Lakshmi closing her novel. She was very curious to know as no one had any complaint against Rama till date.

"I have seen Rama talking with that girl who works in doctors house near bus stop everyday" said Harish in a hushed voice.

"Oh ok..I will talk to him regarding this you leave to school immediately" Lakshmi said sensing her mother's presence behind..

Janaki saw Harish conversing with Lakshmi. She got angry

"Hey Harisha, why haven't you reached school still. Today is your turn to arrange the tables and cleaning the board right. Also who will water the Tulsi?"

"Sorry teacher I woke up late and today it's not my turn it's Prasad's"

"Can't you sleep early then...you should be in school before I reach...Go soon" warned Janaki

Harish ran from there 🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

"Lakshmi, I am leaving to school....Keep the door closed...Don't talk to strangers....I will go to school and will come early today"

"Why Amma, anything special that you will return early"

"From tomorrow its school holidays na"

"Ok Amma...."

Janaki walks till gate and remembers something....

"Lakshmi, o Lakshmi did Gangadhara Master leave to school"

"No Amma, He hasn't left yet"

"Now where did he go.... Lakshmi please call master....it's getting late to go for school..."

"Mastre, ooo Gangadhar mastre god why did that coconut fell on him....now he will come and eat our head..." called out Lakshmi hitting her forehead

Master Gangadhara comes out of his house with his fingers pointing like a gun 👉..

"Who are you?"