Chapter 13

Bhaskar was very excited for the wedding that is to be held in few months. He wanted the wedding to be a grand affair. People who didn't know him had thought it's his own daughter's wedding.

Rama was on cloud nine. Janaki too took part in the preparation enthusiastically. Lakshmi along with marriage preparations started tutoring Parvati.

As usual Gangadhara master didn't have any clue what's happening around.

Lawyer Satish arrived at the house. Rama was busy with Gauri.

"Bhaskar Bhaskar" Satish called out.

Rama came hearing his voice.

"Oh vakilere, when did you come. Please have a seat. I will call aiya" Rama said going inside.

(*People of Mangalore who speak Tulu add the word "ere" to the name (can be surname or by the profession) while addressing with respect. Ex: Master = Mastre, Hegde= Hegdere, Nayaka= Naykere, Shetty= Shettre)

Bhaskar came outside.

"Oh Satisha where had you been man, I came to your house other day to invite you to the wedding but your house was locked" Bhaskar asked him by giving him a friendly hug.

" I was feeling extremely guilty because of my son's deeds. So went to a mini tour to temples around the country to wash my sins" Satish said.

"*Sigh* Anyways forget all these things. That fellow had left his brain in US only before taking the flight to India. I know you would have kicked him out if you knew he came without his brains" Bhaskar said.

Satish chuckled.

"So how's the marriage preparations going on. Now since I have returned give me some responsibilities too" Satish asked.

"You need not ask me. I have already prepared the list of things that you need to attend" Bhaskar said grinning ear to ear.

"Aiyooo, I totally forgot that it's you with whom I have to deal with. Anyways I am ready to help you anytime" Satish said.

Bhaskar wanted to press charges against Parvati's brother for harassment but Parvati did not agree.

Rajesh felt guilty and wanted to apologise to her and get involved in her marriage preparations. He arrived at their house in the hope that Parvati forgives him.

"Why have you arrived here. Don't you have any shame left" Bhaskar asked.

"I came here to apologise to Parvati about my deeds. Can you please call her" Rajesh pleaded.

"Nope, you can't see her. You only can see me now. I can call Gangadhara master too...see him, talk to him and then leave" Bhaskar said.

"Please vakilere, I beg of you. Even if she doesn't forgive me it's ok atleast I will be relieved of the burden that I didn't apologise" Rajesh said.

"Abba, it doesn't feel nice to hear such big words from you. Is the bar closed today or you are drunk beyond limit" Rama asked him while coming outside.

"O bawa, it's not like that. I am genuinely sorry for everything I have done" Rajesh said.

Parvati heard her brothers voice and came outside.

"What are you doing here?" She asked.

"He is feeling very sorry itseems Parvati. When he drinks he thinks himself as a movie star and I think the background music wada wowow too plays in his head and when he is sober he behaves like a sanskari Babu" Bhaskar commented.

"I am here to apologise dear sister. Please forgive me. I did a big sin. But still forgive me if you can" Rajesh said by folding his hands.

"I forgive you Anna but don't expect me to be like before with you. My wedding is fixed in few months you are invited but later you won't return to this house looking for me" Parvati said.

Rajesh was disappointed. He left from there.

But there was one person who was burning in jealousy. Sadananda. He wanted to marry Parvati by hook or crook. He was planning to kidnap Parvati and was talking with his henchmen.

Harish who was passing by overheard his plan. He ran to inform regarding the same to Rama.

"Anna ,Anna, Ramanna where are you re. I have a big information to give it to you" he said.

"That beedi Sadananda is planning to kidnap Parvati akka. He knows that Parvati akka has went with Lakshmi akka for saree purchases. He has planned to kidnap her near Bus stand when they return from city" He said.

Rama was so angry that if by any chance Sadananda was infront of him he would have killed him in a blow.

Rama informed about the same to Munna and Bhaskar. Bhaskar immediately called the DCP and informed him about them.

But Rama had some other plans.

"Aiya will the police be on time as we don't know when these ladies will return" Rama asked.

"Lakshmi Akka's Mobile is also not connecting. How will we inform them" Munna said.

Rama just then remembered he knew the mobile number of couple of bus drivers which run from their village to city.

He took phone from Bhaskar and dialled a number. Since Bhaskar is a well known personality in village many knew him and his family.

Rama informed about the situation and asked him to find out the whereabouts of Lakshmi and Parvati.

He received the call from one of the driver and said they are returning in their bus and they will reach in another half an hour. Rama asked him to give phone to Lakshmi.

"Lakshmi akka, listen to me carefully. Don't panic" Rama said.

"Aiyo Rama, what is this new problem. Okay we will do as you say" Lakshmi assured.

"Let's go and catch that fellow" Bhaskar said.

Gangadhara master too pitched in and said he too will tag along.

To avoid him Rama said " If we all go won't they suspect us. You stay back"

"No no, I want to come. I have seen lots of movies. I can hide myself somewhere"

"You are like a coconut tree. How can you hide yourself?" Munna asked.

"I will come in disguise. Wait" he went inside and returned in sometime.

When he came out. Everyone present over there burst into laughter.

Rama, Munna, Bhaskar and Gangadhara master arrived near the bus stand to catch Sadananda.

The bus reached the stop and many people along with Lakshmi and Parvati got down from the bus.

Sadananda saw Lakshmi getting down from the bus. He spotted Parvati behind Lakshmi because of the dress but he felt there is something suspecious but he ignored it.

He signalled his men to come forward and they kidnapped Parvati.

---------++++++---------++++++---------
Hi peeps, hope all of you are in good health. Please don't go outside unnecessarily. Be safe, stay safe and stay healthy.

How was the chapter?

I am somewhere not liking this chapter. Had a writer's block at one point. Somehow penned down this chapter. Hope you all liked it.

Please vote and comment.