Archie Andrews//It's Just a Stomachache

Archie woke up with a cramping pain in his stomach. He passed it off as just a stomach ache and got ready for school. When he got downstairs he saw his dad  making  breakfast. His stomach just churned uneasily at the thought of food. "Um I'm not really hungry dad," Archie said, sitting down at the table. "That's unlike you Arch, are you okay?" his dad asked with concern. The pain in Archie's stomach was growing intensely, but he tried to hid the pain. "I'm fine dad, just not in the mood for food I guess," he said slowly getting up from his chair and walking over to the fridge to get a water. "Alright," Fred said as he went and put the dishes in the sink. Archie then said goodbye and went off to Betty's house so they could walk to school. Once she opened the door she was met with a pale Archie. "What's wrong with you?" she asked as they started walking side by side. A sharp pain went through the right side of his stomach but his just tried to hid the fact that he was dying. 
   They walked through the doors and into their class they had together. Archie and Betty  always sat near each other in History. He was able to pull through the rest of his classes and he went to the student lounge with Veronica. As they sat on the sofa Archie tried to get comfortable. But it was useless, so he just put his arm around Veronica. "I'm so tired," Veronica said putting her head on Archie's shoulder. He just sighed and looked into her eyes as she stared back into his. Then Archie had a sudden ache in his stomach and winced. Veronica noticed and got up with concern. "Arch what's wrong," she said turn her body to completely face him. He then tried to play it off but he knew that wasn't going to work out. "It's just a small stomach bug, I'll be fine". Veronica just cuddled next to him and rubbed his arm.  "Should I be worried?" Veronica said putting her head back on his shoulder. "No, Ronni, I'll be alright," he lied to her.

         The rest of the day it was literally torture for Archie. But it never seemed to come to an end. After school Archie had football practice, and since he was on Varsity I was going to be long. Once he got on the field, he felt like he was going to pass out. Everyone was blurry, and his legs felt numb. He still played and practiced, even if it felt like he was going to die. Practice was almost over but Archie's stomach couldn't take it any longer. As the play was going on Archie ran towards the trash can near the benches. He began heaving up everything he had eaten from yesterday, since he ate little to nothing today. Everyone on the team just stared in shock. Archie wanted it all to stop, the pain in his stomach, and how he was so dizzy. Once he finished throwing up Reggie was walking towards him but he just collapsed in Reggie's arms. All the guys went into a straight panic. "Somebody call 911!" one guy yelled. Reggie just laid Archie down gently and made sure he was still breathing. "He's still breathing but barely!" he yelled. Within ten minutes medics were running onto the field. Archie had woken up before they got there and was in the worst pain he had every been in his life. He groaned and the guys tried to comfort him but nothing was working. The medics carefully lifted him onto a stretcher. Once they got him to the ambulance they put a breathing mask on him. Archie started feeling very sleepy but was forced to stay awake. The paramedics were inserting an IV in him and trying to figure out what the problem was. "Right side, is severely inflamed, due to appendix bursting," Archie heard the men speaking to each other. He  then  starting to feel his eyes close shut and the pain slowly faded away. " Bud, come on stay with us," the paramedic said but that was the last thing Archie heard before he was unconscious.

Veronica rushed through the hospital doors and was met with Mr. Andrews. "Mr. Andrews, I'm so sorry," Veronica said as she hugged him, tearing starting to form in her eyes. "It not your fault Veronica," he said as they both sat down and waited. "But it is, he told me his stomach was bothering him, he told me not to worry and I listened to him," she said putting her head in her hands. "Archie Andrews," a nurse came out and Fred and Veronica got up and went towards her. "How is my son?" he asked the nurse, "He's doing alright, the doctors said that his appendix was on the verge of bursting, but they were able to get him into surgery in time. Appendicitis is what caused Archie to have discomfort in his right side, you both can go visit him if you want, we are going to keep him for the night, but he will be released later tomorrow evening,".

The nurse led them to his room, the sight was so heart wrenching. Archie was asleep on the hospital bed, with one of those hospital gowns on. He had oxygen tubes in his nose, and an IV in his right arm. Veronica went next to his bed and held his hand. "Why didn't you tell me Arch," she cried as she put her head on the edge of his bed. Fred just cam over to the other side and tried to hold back his own tears. Around an hour later of waiting Archie opened his eyes. "Hey how are you feeling bud," his dad asked, "Sore," was all Archie could say. "Why did you have to do this Archie?" Veronica asked playing with his hair. "I'm sorry," he said making Veronica laugh. "I'm tired," Archie said slightly yawning. "Get some sleep," Fred said. He then closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep. Veronica kissed his forehead and walked out the door. Fred then just patted his son's shoulder and exited. The next day Archie was released from the hospital. He had to take it easy but he was back to himself in a couple days.

Authors Note:
Thanks so much for reading!! And also for your requests !! If you ever request let me know if you want me to mention your username!! And also, REQUESTS ARE ALWAYS OPEN! Love you all❤️❤️