Chapter One

Being in Slytherin people were surprised that I wasn't more aquatinted with Mr Draco Malfoy. People have been coming to me ,for the four years I've been here, saying he liked me but how? Me? The one with brown, short hair, hazel eyes and I'm ugly. I'm different from the rest of the Slytherin's, most of them are blonde, the odd ginger, and blue eyes. For the first time today I caught him looking at me, I blushed and looked away. Even if he did like me then he would dump me in a few days and I can't because I'm friends with Harry, Hermione and Ron.

   In short, I have a lot of reasons why he can't like me and we can't ever be together...

But I've been dreaming of the day me and him kiss ever since I saw him in my first year.
"Miss Velvet!" Snape shouts. I jolt my head off the desk and realize I was drooling. "Dreaming of someone, Sophie?" Draco peers out from behind his back and raises an eyebrow, did he really just notice me?
"No, sir." I shake my head and look down, ashamed.
"Hmm..." He hums and glides off to the front of the classroom again.
      A piece of paper flies onto my desk, I look up and see that Draco has thrown it. I open it and it reads...
                             Sophie,
                            You heard the rumours I'm guessing?
                            Wait for me in the Slytherin common
                            Room at 11:30 if you want to talk.

                            Draco x
I gasp and he looks round, smiling sheepishly. I fold the note and put it in my robe pocket.

At lunch. Sophie sits with Hermione, Ron and Harry at the Gryffindor table.

"Guess what happened today." I say and get the note out my pocket.
"Who's that from?" Ron asks with his mouth full.
"Just read." I spread the note on the table. Hermione squealed and clapped. Then Ron's food fell out his mouth and Harry's face dropped.
"I knew it!" Hermione squeaked.
"Ha!" Ron laughed.
"..." Harry didn't respond.
"What's up, Harry?" He shakes his head and gets up and leaves. Me and Hermione look at Ron.
"Wha'?" He shrugs.
"Go!" Hermione points the way Harry went.
"Me and him can't be together anyway." I sigh.
"Why?" Her head tilts,
"Cause, what about Harry and him?" I play with my food, swirling about the noodles with my fork.
"What because him and Harry don't get on well? If it's for your good, Harry will do anything... even be friends with Draco." She looks to see if Harry is there and leans in. "Harry's in love with you, Sophie."
"What?!" She nods.

In the Slytherin common room

I sink down into the big bucket chair, settling in to do my homework. I hear something sit on the sofa next to me. I look up and it's Draco.
"Um, hey Sophie." He smiles. I look at the clock and it's 10. He notices and explains, "Well, nobody's here so." He shrugs.
"Yes, I did hear the rumours, Draco." I close the book and look at him. I'm not sure if it's the dim fire or if he's actually blushing. He itches his neck and chuckles.
"I thought, well if it's the fourth year then I don't have a lot of time until we leave."
"What do you want, Draco?" He's caught off guard by my rudeness, "Aren't they just rumours?"
"...no..." He murmurs.
"...excuse me? What?"

                                                             End of chapter