Part II-Problems Shared

Just then, Derby was sitting on the bottom step of the bleachers, obviously not noticing the greaser a couple steps up. Johnny picked up a crumpled up poster for the football team and chucked it at the prep, Derby turning around really quick. He didn't seem very pleased, but then changed his expression to confused as Johnny patted the seat next to him.

Derby climbed the steps and sat next to the greaser, just as confused. "Why ain't you dancin' with Pinky?" Johnny asked, popping the cig out his mouth for a moment.
"She decided to get me back for not showing up for our date. I suppose I'm paying the price." Derby replied. He was wearing a white suit with a purple tie. Johnny noticed that he must have put a bunch of effort into his suit, since it didn't have a single stain or crease. This must be a big deal, since he's all dolled up, he thought.

"Lola's gone." Johnny explained, taking a long drag on his cig. "Then why are you still here?" Derby asked.
"I haven't got a clue. The boys are trying to cheer me up by not bringing girls, but I'm not sure. I just don't feel like a dance."
"Well, if you don't feel like a guys' night, then how about a night for two guys?"
"What do you mean?"
"Let's have a guys' night ourselves, as the dumped ones! Everyone is either too drunk or too tired to remember anything."
"Yeah, sure. Sounds fun. Actually, it sounds great!"

That night was about to get a lot better.