Chapter 2

I pulled up into the parking lot of the school and went to my parking spot. I sat there for a second and didn't bother to turn down my music yet. I grabbed my phone and text Calum to tell him that I won't be meeting them this morning because I have to show the new girl around.

I sighed turning off the car, grabbing my book bag, and getting out the car. I walked into the school building and looked at the scrap piece of paper my mom scribbled her locker number on.

A21. She's five lockers down from mines.

I turned down the necessary halls. Once I reached my hallway I saw the girl standing at her locker transferring things from her book bag to her locker. She had on a jacket with the hood over her head. You could see her dark brown hair peeking out the hood. She had on denim shorts and grey Converse. She wasn't like other girls who come in dressed in their sluttiest outfit to attract all the guys on their first day.

I reached her and stood on the side her locker opened on, so I was standing behind her locker door.

"Hi." She barely says, not stopping from what she's doing.

"Hey." I say leaning my back against the locker next to hers.

"You don't have to show me around. I know how to read a schedule, you know." she said in a slightly bitter tone.

"I figured you would," I say shifting my feet. "But these are your aunts wishes that I'm following by. You think I'm thrilled to be some body's tour guide?"

She chuckled. "Apparently my aunt doesn't trust me to look for classes on my own." She shut her locker with only a pencil and what I assume is her schedule in her hand. She didn't even look my way as she started to go the opposite way down the hall. "But I don't need your help."

I shrugged and began to let her go down the hall on her own. But then I remembered my mom and how she'd be pissed if I didn't help out our new neighbour. I took a deep breath before jogging towards her.

"Hey wait up." I caught up to her and walked next to her. "At least let me see your schedule."

She handed me her schedule without even looking at me. Ms.Hamilton was right about this attitude of hers.

I looked to see that we had the same homeroom.

"We have the same homeroom." I tell her. "If you wait a second I can get my things out my locker which is literally right there then we could go."

I handed her schedule back to her as she finally turned her face towards me.

Her eyes got huge and her mouth was just as wide. She brought her hand to her mouth and she looked like she wanted to run away but couldn't.

I couldn't tell you what I looked like right now. Sad, hurt, angry. You could probably see it all on my face, but something you also probably saw was relief. I grabbed her schedule and looked at the name at the top.

Joan M August.

I looked back up at her with wide eyes.

This was my Joan, she's here.

Hehehe hi everyone. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry it's really short and is kind of a cliff hanger but I thought it was necessary lol. I don't have much to say today :/ so COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE, VOTE.. ya know.