CHAPTER 9

Dana's POV

'Am I dreaming? I passed the audition? Am I just seeing things? Seriously?' I pinched myself many times that made me mouthed an 'Ouch!' after looking at the results.

'You're not dreaming. With your voice, you definitely deserve the spot', a man suddenly spoke from my behind.

Murmuring, murmuring, everyone surrounding us were whispering.

'You're joking Sir, right?'

'Aniyo. I'm telling the truth. All of us were mesmerized by your sweet voice. I hope I can do some collaboration with you in the future. And by the way, stop calling me Sir, Lee Jihoon is my name. So you'll be our trainee now.'

'Oh, kamsahamnida. K-Kim Dana is my name',
as soon as I finished introducing myself, they nodded.

'We know that, you passed a resume remember?' the bloated man said while half laughing. I looked at him. Why do this man looks so familliar? I think I already saw him. Then, the bell suddenly rung.

'Ahh!', and clapped my hands and found their slightly shocked reactions. 'You're one of those boys who sang in my classroom. Music of the East University, remember?' while pointing at him l, with an excited tone.

'Actually, yes. We're that boys', and faked a laugh.

I was too hyped by the fact that my bestfriend's boyfriends were speaking with me with those flattery words. But it didn't last long, as soon as I realized something, something that makes me sad. I find myself staring at the faces of each member. That tall man, standing behind the back, wearing a cap and a mask. I'm sure that's Kim Mingyu.

'I'm sorry, I just realized that I don't want to be a trainee here anymore.' I whispered and left them afterwards. I don't want to be a trainee in this agency. I don't and I can't work with that man.

I'm pissed at myself because of my ignorance.
I am currently walking on the side road with a heavy footsteps when someone slightly pulled me back.

'Don't mind me. I want you to pursue your dreams. I'm sorry.' Mingyu said and left.

'You're still the same Kim Mingyu that I know and you're still leaving someone behind.' I muttered to myself while looking at his back figure walking away from me.

--

I went back home and found our house empty, soulless. I directly went towards the direction of our kitchen and get an icecream. 'I badly need this mood changer', I thought.

After putting a spoonful of icecream on my mouth, the sound of the doorbell was played. I opened the door and checked it. There was a man standing and black car parked bahind him.

Is he a kidnapper? And what's that van? I then suddenly remember the rumors in our neighborhood that there was a van roaming in our place and it was said that it was a kidnapper's car. I got goosebumps, abruptly.

'Who are you? What do you want?', I asked, trying to hide my nervousness.

'Annyeonghaseyo Miss Kim. I'm the manager of Seventeen. I want to talk about some things with you. Can I enter?'

'Ah ne.' I quickly answered and completely forgot my doubts I earned a bit earlier. I opened the gate and led the way to the sofa.

'What do you want to drink Sir?'

'Anything is fine.'

I get a bottle of soda and turned my attention to him.

'The CEO was disappointed Dana- ssi. He don't want to lose such talent, so I'm here to convince you. Maybe you can change your mind?'

The conversation with Mingyu earlier unexpectedly conquered my mind.

--

'Don't mind me. I want you to pursue your dreams. I'm sorry.'

--

'I'm really sorry for my behavior I showed earlier I was just so shocked after seeing someone I know.'

'So what does that mean? Is it a yes?'

I nodded as a response. I can see an ignition of happiness in his eyes. His phone rung and the screen shows 'Woozi'.

'Excuse me Dana- ssi. I need to answer this call.' He left me and talked to someone on the other line.

'Dana- ssi. Someone wants to say something to you.' he gave me his phone and put the phone on top of my ear.

A familiar voice was heard, 'Thank you'.