CHAPTER 27

Seungkwan's POV

My phone shows that I've received 45 missed calls from Seungcheol-hyung. I was about to place the phone on the table again when it rang. I hesitantly dragged the green button, allowing me to connect unto him.

'Yah Boo Seungkwan, get back here! Vernon got into an accident when he's on his way to Busan! He's in critical condition. Meet us in the park near at the dorm, at exactly 7 PM.'

Everything gets blurry. Tears are escaping again, they're betraying me again. My leg suddenly felt so weak that let me sat hugging my knees.

'Seungkwan-ah! Put yourself together! Hurry!'

'It's okay Boo! He can survive this!'

'H-hyung. M-mianhae. I-it's my f-fault.'

My voice cracked, being an evidence that I'm really crying. It is my fault. If I just accepted his apology, this will not happen. I'm such an idiot. What should I do?

The other line went silent for a second.

'Boo, listen to me. It's not your fault. Don't think like that. We can overcome this, arraseo? Just get back here, we're begging.'

'M-mianhae-e.'

--

5:00 PM.

I'm already on my way to Seoul. If I can pay a little bit more for ahjusssi to drive this bus faster, I will. No texts, no calls from hyungs, it made me worried more.

The bus started to play an unfamiliar music.

I want him
But I don't know if he does the same
It's hurting
This damn heart is hurting
He's smiling at me again
I want him
But I want him to be happy
Even though I will not be the cause of his euphoria.

Tears are escaping. I want to do the same. I want to escape from this dark world. I'm still in this dark world, but back then I have my hyungs as companions. Now, I'm literally taking a path alone.

--

6:30 PM.

I'm already at the park. The first thing I saw was darkness. I sighed.

'Darkness again.'

My phone lit up, telling that I've received a messaged. I checked it and it's from Myungho- hyung.

'We're behind the park.'

I quickly furrowed. What are they doing behind the park. And the thing is that, behind the park is the woods, that rumored to be a haunted woods.

'What are you doing there hyung?' I replied.

I waited for a few minutes but he didn't replied. So I walk down to the park carefully while being a scaredy cat.

The woods, I'm already at the front of the woods. Darkness, it feels like this place is a home for something or someone like... ghosts.

I took my phone out, and texted Myungho- hyung.

'Hyung, where are you? I'm already here.'

Not that far from me, a ringtone of a phone can be heard and followed by squeals. I'm not even sure if that squeals are made by humans, what if that squ-- aissh jinjja.

'Hyung!' I shouted.

Sounds of crickets, breeze are the only thing you can hear. I'm serious, I'm already scared. I can't feel my legs anymore.

'Hyung, let's go! I'm worried for V-Vernon!' I shouted again hoping that maybe this time hyungs will come out and answer me. I waited.

Couple of lights, couple of beautiful lights answered me. It was such a mesmerizing light. I didn't muttered a single word.

Lamps were hanged in the aisle of the woods. Different colors but same beauty. This setting can be only seen in dramas, I didn't even expected that the time will come where in I can see it myself.

'B-Boo.' the man at the back said.

His voice, that's his voice. I thought..

'Mi-mianhae', he said and followed by continuous sobbing.

I faced him. What should I do? What should I say?

He started to sing an unfamiliar song, cutting me from my thoughts.

I'm sorry for what I did
I'm sorry if I'm like this
I'm sorry if this is what I am
I want to say sorry
'coz I don't want to lose you

Tears are betraying me again.

I'm sorry If I hurted you
I'm sorry If I wounded that heart
I'll be your band aid
I'll heal you.

I don't know what to say to Vernon...

Lean on me
even though I'm the reason of that tears
Lean on me
even though I'm the one who hurted you

I want to be the cause of your euphoria again
I want to see the brightest star among all
I want to see your smile again
I want you back

I don't want to say something. I don't want to face him, I can't. I faced the ground, seeing the betrayers falling.

Suddenly, his warmth touches my heart. He hugged me. Letting me feel his sadness and hope.

'I-I'm sorry B-Boo.'