Spring 2018 - Royal Wedding

Prince Harry & Kate Middleton's Royal Wedding

May 2018

A roar of the crowd at Catherine's arrival

A roar of the crowd at Catherine's arrival. The anticipation in St George's Chapel as Catherine paused as her sister adjusted her train. With her father beside her, she started up the long aisle once she reached Harry. The Archbishop indicated that the guests could sit down and he began the ceremony.

Archbishop to Prince Harry: Henry Charles Albert David, wilt thou have this woman to thy wedded wife, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour and keep her, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?

He answers: I will.

Archbishop to Catherine: Catherine Elizabeth, wilt thou have this man to thy wedded husband, to live together according to God's law in the holy estate of matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour and keep him, in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all other, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?

She answers: I will.

The Archbishop continues: Who giveth this woman to be married to this man?

The Archbishop receives Catherine from her father's hand. Taking Catherine's right hand, Prince Harry says after the Archbishop.

ARCHBISHOP:
"I Harry take you Catherine."

Prince Harry:
"I Harry take you Catherine."

ARCHBISHOP:
"To be my wife."

Prince Harry:
"To be my wife."

ARCHBISHOP:
"To have and to hold."

Prince Harry:
"To have and to hold."