Spring 2029

April 2029

Royal Announcement: William & Adrienne Will Officially Be King & Queen

The world is ready for some modern royals

Take a look at your newest soon-to-be King and Queen of England! Today, Queen Elizabeth II officially announced that She will be passing down her crown to her grandson Prince William and his wife Princess Adrienne.

The Queen believes implementing a younger generation than her grandson is vital for the House of Windsor to thrive in the future.

"Her Majesty realized that William and Adrienne are the future," said a palace insider. "She has spent 75 years making sure that the House of Windsor survives, and she sees William and Adrienne as having the energy and star quality to do the job in a modern world. Queen Elizabeth will always do what is best for the long-term health of the monarchy."

Her Majesty has also said that she truly does believe the monarchy has the "respect and power." The source continued, "In her eyes, William and Adrienne are the two people who can continue that."

So while the rest of the world is excited for the change and step forward, it's important to remember that they are, in fact, still trying to be a normal family.

Page Break

Adrienne could vaguely hear the gasps and 'Wow's as they both appeared, and she tried not to look at anyone as she began the slow descent down the stairs. It was bad enough to keep straight and tall normally, but when she was in her coronation dress and not looking where she was going, it was even harder. But, as she walked down the stairs, she couldn't resist looking around- her eyes immediately met William's and he smiled encouragingly...which made her feel fearless.

The podium as set up...it hadn't looked as formidable last nigh as it did today...in a few moments she was actually going to be sitting down on the thrones that her parents in law had sat on, and generations before her! Was she going to be cool and calm?

Both still as elegant as ever, and still in time, Adrienne and William stepped off the final step, They continued on with her maids holding her skirt. She quickly smiled at Harry and Kate before they stepped onto the podium, and Adrienne took the Archbishop's hand.

They walked slowly toward the thrones and, for a moment, she turned and smoothed out her skirt before sitting down on the throne, and looking around. She could see her father and mother and her brothers beaming happily a little distance away, and grinning...but all the other guests were simply a blur.

She watched as her husband go from a prince to King now it was her turn.

She was aware of Queen Elizabeth now Queen mother sitting nearby, but she was concentrating very hard on what the Archbishop was saying, but she could understand how nervous Elizabeth had been all those years ago! The ceremony was calm, but Adrienne could barely take it in before she was holding the orb and sceptre of the British monarch, and the Archbishop was slowly taking the crown off her grandmother in law's head.

"Will you solemnly promise and swear to govern the people of British according to the statutes in parliament agreed on, and the respective laws and customs of the same? Will you, in your power, cause law and justice and mercy to be executed in all judgements?"

"I solemnly promise so to do," she said in a barely recognisable voice.

Once the Archbishop had placed the crown on her head, and moved away, she glanced nervously over at Elizabeth with a shy smile and, to her delight, Elizabeth was beaming proudly, shortly after joined by Philip.

She slowly stood up, as the choir, led by Prime Minister and joined by everyone else, began singing the British anthem:

God save our gracious King,
Long live our noble King,
God save the King:
Send him victorious,
Happy and glorious,
Long to reign over us:
God save the King.

Adrienne glanced over at Kate, who had tears in her eyes while beaming, and nodding reassuringly.

O Lord, our God, arise,
Scatter thine enemies,
And make them fall
Confound their politics,
Frustrate their knavish tricks,
On thee our hopes we fix:
God save us all.

From Kate, she moved her eyes to William, who had a slow smile on his face, and she gave him a small smile.

Thy choicest gifts in store,
On her be pleased to pour;
Long may he reign:
May he defend our laws,
And ever give us cause
To sing with heart and voice
God save the King.

William and her began to walk slowly towards the guard of honour- the crown, sceptre and orb were extremely heavy, especially when worn together, and she was a little concerned about dropping anything.

She walked through the guards and stood, for a moment, unable to believe what had happened, but incredibly excited, before a loud call:

"Presenting...Their Majesties King William and Queen Adrienne of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms!"

She closed her eyes for a moment, still trying to push back the tears while saying a silent 'God save the monarch' before opening her eyes and smiling, standing proud and tall. She was Queen of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms.

God save the King!