Chapter 23

Hey babes!!! Sorry for another late update :(

Vote & comment, I love reading them!!

THIS CHAPTER'S SONG – Paris in the Rain by Lauv (you can probably tell I'm obsessed with this band)

***

"Pizza? You just want pizza?" Harry questioned me from the other side of the couch.

We each laid at one end, our legs tangled in the middle under a blanket while the TV played in the background of our conversation. I frowned at him, "What's wrong with pizza?"

Harry's hands went up in defense, "Nothing's wrong with pizza! I just figured you might want something... fancier?"

It was our last night in New York before we flew back to the West Coast.

I shook my head at him, crawling over to him so I could snuggle into his chest after kissing his cheek, "Nope. All I need is you."

His arm wrapped around my shoulders. He added, "And pizza."

I laughed, looking up at his smirk, "Correct."

But then I continued, "But Harry, really, I know you like to spoil me - and I obviously enjoy that-"

Harry laughed at this.

"But honestly, I don't need all of that. I love it, but I love anything with you. Really. We could be anywhere doing anything and I'd still love it. 'Cause I'm with you. You make everything amazing."

I watched him smile down at me, then say, "I feel the same way... I just like to give you everything you deserve."

***

After we snuggled for a bit it was almost noon and my anxiety and self-consciousness was itching at me from the inside out, so I excused myself to the bathroom where I could cover my face in makeup. Makeup was my shield. Whenever I put it on, I felt one hundred times more confident. I felt like I couldn't function properly without it on. It was bad, I knew, to feel like that, but I was in too deep with my insecurities. Especially when I was next to Harry. He was the definition of perfection, and I... well, I wasn't.

I tried to add all of my foundation quickly, swooping a light brown on my eyelid instead of wasting a lot of time on it. I just wanted to get back out and cuddle Harry. Yet my insecurities held me back, like always.

As if on cue, I heard his voice that sounded like he'd entered the bedroom looking for me, "Cam, you alright?"

"I'm fine! Just doing my makeup."

I heard him groan, which he had definitely made sure I heard. He hated when I was doing my makeup. "Cam," he whined. "Come out and cuddle me."

I couldn't say no to that. I shoved my makeup back in the huge case and opened the door that connected the bathroom to his bedroom. He was flopped on the bed, arms spread out, and knees bent over the mattress so his feet could sit flat on the grey wood floors. He instantly sat up and smiled, opening his arms to me.

I walked right into them. He nuzzled his head in my chest and I let my fingers wander through his curls that were growing down almost to his shoulders.

"Baby, you don't need to put all that makeup on just to sit on the couch and watch TV with me. Actually, you don't need all that makeup in any situation."

I laughed nervously, wishing I felt the same as he did. "I know... I just... feel so insecure sometimes."

"I know you do." He repositioned his head so that his chin was now laying on my chest and he was looking up at me with those loving green eyes. "But you don't have to. There's no reason to feel like that - you're beautiful. And there's especially no reason to feel that way around me. It breaks my heart that you feel like that."