Chapter 21

"Where is everybody?" Adam asks as he and Tim come downstairs, the morning sun was shining brightly through the hotel windows.

"I don't know. Maybe they are over at the saloon." Tim says as they walk out of the hotel.

As they walk closer to the saloon, Tim stops and looks at the mysterious border on the outskirts of town. Adam stops and walks back to where he was standing. Tim seemed to be in a hypnotic state.

"Tim?" Adam calls him softly. "Hey, Cowboy, what's wrong?"

"What? Uh, nothing." Tim answers, shaking his head with a somewhat worried look on his face. He turns and takes his lover by the hand. "Promise me something, Adam?"

"If I can." Adam replies with a nod.

"If something happens that threatens our existence here, promise me that we'll take the chance and step through the border together?" Tim asks.

Adam suddenly becomes frightened as he stares into Tim's worried eyes. He turns his head and looks at the border.

"I love you so much." Tim says, kissing the back of the blond's hand. "If at all possible, I WILL find you on the other side. The unknown is better than being dragged to Hell by these demons."

Adam looks back into the brown eyes that he loves so much. Reaching out, he gently rubs Tim's cheek.

"I promise." He whispers as he softly kisses his lover.

"Good morning, everyone." Tim says as they walk into the saloon, forcing a smile.

"Yep, he must have got him some last night. He's never this cheery in the morning." Austin laughs.

"Well, we had a little bit of an interruption." Tim says as he walks over and stands behind Chance and Sami.

He leans over, draping an arm around each of their shoulders. Chance slowly turns his head and meets the mayor's brown eyes.

"How you doing?" Tim asks with a smirk doing his best Joey Tribbianni's impersonation from 'Friends'.

"Oh, get away from me." Chance growls.

Tim turns his head toward Sami and raises a brow.

"What?" Sami says with a nervous smile.

"I never said a word." Tim says with a smirk.

"Okay? Are we missing something here?" Avi asks.

Tim chuckles as he walks back around the table and sits down next to Adam.

"Just some friendly advice." Chance says as he shakes his head. "If you plan on having a romantic evening with someone, put a 'Do Not Disturb' sign on the door. Or SOMEBODY may come barging into your room."

"OH, my God." Austin laughs.

"How were we to know that Sami wasn't getting mutilated by the way she screamed." Adam says with a grin.

"You guys ran in on them?" Olena giggles.

"Yep." Tim chuckles. "And I was just fixin to get f*cked senseless too. Then we heard her scream bloody murder."

"She sounded in need of help." Adam added with a shrug.

"Oh, I definitely wasn't in any need of rescue." Sami smiles shyly as her cheeks redden.

"All this talk about sex already got me horny." Avi chuckles as he stands from the table and takes Kevin by the hand.

"Where y'all going?" Jenika asks, already knowing the answer.