Chapter 3: New Villain In Town

Daniella sat at her desk waiting patiently for the laptops to finish their scans for the day, at the same time both laptops opened their eyes waiting for her command but at the moment she didn't have an order for them to do for the division.

"Hey guys," she looked at both of them

"Hey guys," she looked at both of them. "Go ahead and rest for the day. I don't have anything for you to do as of right now."

"Alright." KITT said shutting down but Knight stayed on.

"Is everything okay?" Knight asked.

"Yeah," her voice was low. "Everything is fine."

"You know, it's not a crime to miss him." Knight continued.

"I'm not worried about T. He is in good care."

"I know." Knight clarified. "I'm talking about Keathen. You haven't been really... you, since he left."

"Oh.. you  can tell huh?" Daniella said taking in a deep breath lowering her head knowing that the laptop was right.

"You look down. So I scanned you. Your stress level is high, the heart beat increases when you do something simple, over thinking that lead to confusion, increase in deep breaths to keep normal functioning during the day, your tired, your dreams keeps you awake at night, your emotions are frozen in the day but active at night as well. The dark shadows under your eyes. To be honest KITT and  I hear you crying at night. We both know how hard it is for you... To let him go." Knight softened his eyes.

Looking at the dark laptop Daniella sighed feeling her eyes water up but held her tears back. "I thought that I was strong enough to no let this bother me."

"That's what I'm saying." Knight blinked a couple of times. "You need some sort of distraction to heal you as time moves on."

"Like what Knight? The Divisions missions, hanging out with friends, walking and driving around the city, having parties to see if the enemy arises in a secret building. I already do a lot as it is. What more do I need to do?" Daniella cleared her throat.

"Let out the remaining thought that's hurting you." Knight said in a calm tone.

"I'll be fine. Trust me." Daniella's voice was low as she got up noticing that is was starting to become night time.

"If anything Daniella, remember we are here for you." Knight said in a low tone before shutting down his mother board closing his eyes.

She looked at him for a bit before looking away. "Thanks."

The dark haired girl sat down on the couch of the living room watching the news for any new information. Nothing had come up in the news cast making the girl yawn in boredom.