Time will tell

What would you do, if you could see tomorrow right now? And what about the next year? Or the day you die? If you had control over time, how would you use it?
This is what I had to think about. I was blessed by a power that made time my closest ally, and my greatest enemy. It's become the center of my life. Jumping through time, fixing things, seeing all the outcomes and all the possibilities, desperately trying to preserve peace between all races, and all of that while still being on a high school.
If you wish to hear my story though, I'll have to start from the beginning.

My name's Tabitha Malum, I'm a 17-year-old human and I attend the school of magic known as Cinder. I still don't know how I managed to get here. Most other students were accepted because they have at least some magical powers to develop. I have none. The headmaster just noticed me one day and signed me up. Since then, I'm studying here.
It's no fancy school. We only have a few elven slaves cleaning it up every evening. One time, we used to hire some men to clean the hallways but old man Bezuphior didn't quite like that. I don't blame him. After all, he used to be a janitor himself. Still, I don't understand how could a MAN become the schools principal. Men should stick to cleaning and cooking.

Alright, old Bezu is actually quite nice. He'd sent me a letter, saying that I should see him this afternoon and that it's very important. I wonder what he wants.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I walked up the stairs to his office I felt quite uneasy. Everyone already went home and the school was only occupied by elves and other lower races. Their stares give me creeps. As I approached the door I already knew something was off. The doors were opened and the room was dark. I slowly entered. Bezu was standing next to an opened window.

Bezuphior: "Ah, Tabi! I'm glad you decided to come. This eliminates one of my great fears."

I didn't understand him, as usual.

Tabitha: "Why did you call me here? And why is it so dark?"

Bezuphior: "Listen to me Tabi, do you believe in fortune telling?"

I wasn't expecting this kind of question.

Tabitha: "Well... I know that there are many types of magic, but one that could see the future? I don't think so. After all, don't we shape the future with our every action?

Bezuphior: "Haha! You're indeed a smart young lady. Yes, we do change our future constantly, but that doesn't mean we can't see the outcome before it happens. Or maybe I should say outcomes."

Tabitha: "Where are you going with this professor?"

I was starting to get a bit annoyed. After all, what did any of this had to do with me?

Bezuphior: "You see, I'm getting old and I need somebody who'd inherit my precious possessions. That someone is you, my dear."

Tabitha: "Me? You want ME, as the next headmaster?

Bezuphior: "There's more to it than you think. Have I ever shown you my magic?"

Tabitha: "Actually, I don't think you've ever shown it to anyone."

Bezuphior: "Oh, but I did. I show it to you every day. Do you remember when that boy tried to steal your snack and I was at the right place and time to stop him?"

Tabitha: "Yeah. So, that's your ability? You can predict the future?"

Bezuphior: "Ah, it is far more interesting than that. As you've said, there are many possibilities when it comes to our future, and I see them all. All the outcomes and all the possibilities. That is my power."

Tabitha: "That's... amazing professor, but what does it have to do with me?"

Bezuphior: "You see, I'm very old and in many different versions of close future, an evil force will come to take my life and they'll succeed with more than 80% chance. I need to find someone who'd take my power and continue what I've started."

Tabitha: "And that somebody is me? Why me? And what is it that you've started?"

Bezuphior: "You possess talent towards time magic. As you know, only when one's time comes close to its end, another child is born with the roots of the same power. You were born with my power, but its true potential will be unlocked only once I die and since It'll be soon, we have no time to waste. A terrible war is coming and only you can find a way to stop it. Only you can control the time and get the best possible outcome. Only you can save this world."

I couldn't take it anymore. The pressure of his words was crushing me. I ran out of his room, down the stairs and quickly home. Only once I locked the doors behind me, I felt safe. It was a difficult day and I decided a nice warm bath would probably be a great stress relief. I wasn't wrong. A bath can take away all of your problems for at least a little while. And then Bezu ruined my life for one last time. Within seconds, I could see it. What his power truly was. Images of future started popping out in my memory as if they've always been there. Many different versions of the same story. It frightened me. I realized what this truly meant. Old man Bezu was dead and I was stuck with his power. I saw images of a terrible war, suffering, and slavery. Tears started to run down my cheeks. What was I supposed to do? How can I stop all this anger and conflict?

???: "Miss... Tabitha Malum?

The voice frightened me. I quickly jumped out of the bathtub and grabbed the closest thing that could've been used as a weapon.

There was a young elven boy standing in my bathroom, covering his eyes.

???: "Miss Malum, please put on some clothes."