Chapter Two

Cassidee•

Oh how cliche this was, loose change boy and Ashton were here.

Maybe it was for a reason, or maybe they just liked our food.

I'm going with the second one.

My mom wandered around my area, sneaking glancing at the group I was handling. Usually she would go up to guest and greet them, so that's just what she did.

She smiled a very fake smile that I knew, but was believable to a complete stranger. I walked to a table near, fidgeting with the things on it. I made it look like I was cleaning, but obviously I was eavesdropping.

"Well I hope you boys go far! I'll make sure my daughter writes on the cake, she has beautiful writing. Isn't that right Cassidee?"

I jumped, dropping the salt and pepper on the floor. I turned around very embarrassed. She gave me that knowing smirk, caught in the act.

"Yeah sure, um. What am I doing?" I stuttered, not making eye contact with any of them. I bent down picking up the salt and pepper, waiting for an answer.

"Write on a cake for these boys, they just finished recording they're first song. So you can write in your writing 'Congrats boys!' " My mom leaned on the lady's chair, the lady; whose name I need to figure out, smiled at me.

Nodding my head, I followed my mom to the kitchen. I parted ways with her, and went to the food pickup line. Three out of five of the orders were done, so I took those three out on a try.

I balanced as I walked through the tables, I seen a couple of the boys cheering. "Who ordered the chicken parmesan?" I questioned holding that plate out.

A boy with blonde hair and an earring raised his hand slightly, "me," he smiled widely at me, winking as he took the plate.

"Ok next, ravioli?" This time it was the boy with black hair, the one who looked Asian. He smiled at me too, but then quickly dug in.

I knew who ordered the spaghetti and meatballs, but I still asked so I didn't seen rude. Ashton raised his arm, reaching over loose change to grab the plate.

"Sorry Luke, didn't mean to stick my armpit in your face." His name was Luke.

Luke smiled, revealing deep dimples, even deeper than Ashton's. "No worries mate," Then I dropped it, I dropped the tray on Luke. My eyes went wide as I quickly grabbed it.

He chuckled then looked up at me, "I am so sorry, I'm a clutz, I am really sorry."

"It's alright, calm down. At least there wasn't anything on it right?" He said, his voice was raspy, and I'll admit. It was hot as hell.

I nodded, feeling the blush creep up my neck to my cheeks and forehead. I then shook my head, trying to get the thoughts of him out of me head. I quickly turned then walked back to the kitchen.

I looked at the line and the two other dishes were there. Great, I was hoping they'd be a couple minutes so I didn't have to go back out so soon.

I grabbed the two, not bothering to use a tray. I walked out steadily, holding my breath praying to god I don't drop it on the lady or Luke. As I walked towards the table, I heard the lady scolding the black haired boy.

"Good god Calum! Could you be messier?" The boy rolled his eyes, then cleaned up his chin.

"Good god Liz! Could you be more mom like?" Calum, I'm guessing, mimicked her.

"Mom, the waitress has your food, stop yelling at Cal for a minute." Luke spoke up, oh. So her name was Liz and she was Luke's mom.

"Butter chicken fettuccine?" I asked, holding the plate out. Liz thanked me then grabbed the plate. "And I take it that's mine?" Luke asked looking up.

"Yeah, I guess it is..." I trailed off putting the plate in front of him, "Do you need anything, pepper? Cheese?" I questioned looking around.

They all shook they're heads, so I went back to the kitchen.

As I walked back, my mom was staring at me. Just blankly staring.

Walking up to her, she still stared, then she smacked the side of my head and laughed. "That blonde one with the lip ring was flirting with you! How did you not see it!" She whisper-yelled.

I have her a horrified look, then shook my head. "Im going to go uh, do that cake." My mother sighed then instructed me to the cake.

I slowly wrote on the cake, making it look nice.

It had been half an hour and about closing time. So I took the cake, wrapped it up then walked out. Like I was in a story, they had just finished eating, and I had perfect timing.

I walked slowly as I seen them whispering, finally there I sat the cake down. "Would you like me to get the bill?" Liz nodded and I was making my way back to the kitchen.

I typed out the bill, and printed it out. Ripping it from the dispenser I turned and jogged to the table. This time, only Luke was there. He had his arm hooked around the empty chair beside him, his other hand fixing his beanie.

Best part; He was staring at me too.

I set down the bill and chuckled, "Oh! I forgot the bow for the cake box! I'll be right back." I skipped to the back and grabbed a blue bow.

When I got back to the table, it was empty. There was several bills on the bill; No pun intended.

And a small note on top of them.

'Keep the loose change :) - Luke'

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

Luke you cheeky bastard.