A new arrival!

Chapter 3: A new arrival!

The principal's secretary glared at us. She didn't seem very happy. When she saw Gemma she frowned even more. I got curious.

" Hey Gemma, just curious but why did that lady frown even more when she looked at you??"

" Well........ I dont tell people this coz they would think i'm a sneak but that's my mom."

" Oh. So does she have a problem that you're with me??"

" No! No no! She is happy when i make new friends! She just thinks that I come here too often and that i should be an ideal student! That's just impossible!"

" Ah! Yup it is!"

Gemma's mom went into Mr. James's office and once she came out she signalled for Gemma to go in. She went quitely and obediently.

Twenty- five long minutes later Gemma came out Grinning. She smiled at her mom and signalled to me that she I need to go in and that would be waiting for me to come out. The moment I was dreading had arrived.I had to face a person who knew me better than the others.

" Sarah, I didn't expect you here on the first day! Anything happened?"

" No Mr. James. I was talking in Mr. Crowley's class. Gemma was telling me about the school and Mr.Crowley caught us."

" Well if she was introducing you to the school I think it shouldnt be a problem but try to do it in free periods."

" Yes sir"

" Sarah, one more thing, Please control yourself. You need to be a changed person now. Ok?"

" Yes"

I  went out with a blank expression. Gemma saw it and understood that I didn't want to talk. What a good friend!! 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I reached home after school. I had to come home with mom as I told her that I wasn't going to take the bus in the afternoon.  As I sat in te car wid her she started a conversation.

" Hey sweetie! How was your day??"

" It was good. I went to the principal...."

" What! Not for that again right!?"

" Yup for talking to my friends Gemma and Jenny"

" Oh. Ok. So you made friends! Awesome! It's a great start!"

I decided to bring up th topic that mom didn't like to talk about.

" How's Rachel?? Is she out of the hospital??"

" No. Can we please not talk about this?!"

I shut up. We pulled into our driveway. Mom said, " There's a surprise waiting for you inside!!!!"

" Oh yipee......." 

I went in and saw my dad. I felt tears filling my eyes. I hadn't seen him for a year since the incident.. 

" Dad!!!!!!!! I'm sooo glad to see you!"

" I am too my baby!" 

" I missed you a lot!"

" Me too"

We looked alike. My eyes and nose were like him. The rest matched mom. 

"I brought you a gift!"

"What!??"

" Open it and see!"

" OMG!!!!!! It's a photo of me! Thanks dad!"

I loved pics of me. If you saw my room the place was full of my photos. I was just sooo excited.

" So how's Eagles high??"

" It's nice"

" Sweetie you have to adapt to it"

" I will dad. I already made two new friends"

" Awesome! Now call them home to play sometime!'

" Dad! Hangout not Play!!!!"

" Whatever"

" Let's go out to dinner tonight if its ok with you Kyle." Mom said.

" Sure."

" So how's she??"

" She's better. Still healing."

"Ok"

I got pissed. I don't lie talking about HER! She i mean and I did something to her that I dont like.