Chapter ten

The sky turned into the gradient of purplish to midnight blue. The sun saying goodbye to London as the moon arises slowly for people to watch the sunset. Phil forced his eyes to stay open by letting the light in the car set in and the loud music Dan listened to keep them both satisfied and awake.

The path was nothing but a long way with trees lined outside the rail, watching the car pass by. Endless, vast and lonely.

Thinking out loud has been playing for 30 minutes and Dan could not stop playing it besides having a little break of Linkin Park and Oasis. Dan has controlled the radio of as Phil drove all the way from the city.

"You love that song so much?" Phil spoke, eyeing to the road. He didn't mind Dan taking over the radio station while he was driving. Dan didn't reply as he listened to Ed Sheeran's voice. He was in a happy mood, singing along to the lyrics he memorized by heart.

Dan didn't care how loud he sang or how emotional he was towards that one specific song. He felt so carefree, where people won't look him down and gossip how a worthless young man he was. A fraction of time he sang made Phil giggle in silence on how cute Dan was doing by his little actions.

Dan stopped the music as he laid back onto his chair and sighed in relief. "Where are we going?" He asked, realizing it wasn't the sight of the city he was used to. "Almost there." Phil responded as he yawned, "Why did you stop playing your music?"

"Nothing, I have so many things in my mind right now." Dan played with his seatbelt. "Am I in it?" Phil asked, not minding what he said to Dan. He was so busy keeping his eyes open he didn't realize what he questioned to him.

"Maybe." Dan replied, stopped himself from plunking the seatbelt to his chest. "I don't understand why we didn't go earlier." "Mm." Said Phil. He yawned. His eyes glistened. He was lucky enough not to gleek in front of his windshield to bother his driving.

"I have reservations." Said Phil. Dan rummage through his backpack and pulled out a bag of crisp. He opened it and an airy smell of fresh potato crisp escaped their way from it, "Feed me some." Phil commanded. Dan picked a couple out and fed it to Phil.

Phil used his free hand and pushed in a few crisp that was almost fall out of his mouth. "Thanks." Dan nodded as he munched in. He tried not to look out of the window and watch as trees stood by and watch. He had a fear of trees in the dark.

"Are we there yet?"

"Yup."

Dan turned to the front and saw the waves lapping back and forth. The car moved along and showed more than just the waves and its foam. The bonfire crackled and embers flying with a group of friends singing their night away. Others had their wedding night in a sophisticated attire.

"The beach?" Dan turned to Phil with joy. Phil curled a smile and nodded, parking to a nearby beach house he rented a few days ago. He has been quiet from thinking of his plan. "Phil," Dan awed as he looked above to the dead of the night, "This is so beautiful." He muttered.

Dan and Phil settled into their rented beach house after a short register.

The room has bamboo walls and windows that let the cool wind in to blow into the boy's faces. Their only bed was handmade along with the armrest chairs. Surfboards were hung against the wall only for the eyes.

"I didn't want to pay as much so I got us a single bed instead. It's like my bed but it can definitely fit us both." Phil chuckled as he looked around the room.

Dan opened his suitcase and took out his clothes for the closet that waited for more clothes to store in. He closed the closet door and caught Phil leaning against the window. He gazed amongst the starry night. It was twinkling along with the glimmer of the moonlight.