Chapter 21

Cassie's P.O.V.

My head was pounding. The pressure in my head was so much. Suddenly I felt sick. I leaned forward and coughed. As I coughed some vomit came out landing on the cement floor. I groaned after coughing a few more times. I leaned back and ran my hands over my face. I blinked a few times and looked up. I had no idea where I was at. I scooted back and banged on the wall. It sounded hollow, it didn't feel like I was in a room or a house.

~

"Wait, so you think that who ever took her was the same guy who committed those murders in Indiana and here?" Antonio asked Nathan.

"It's the only thing that makes sense. That case was always personal to her. But this guy has always been smart, so tracking him down would take some time" Nathan said.

"We don't have time!" Jay exclaimed. He was frustrated, and worried.

"Okay, so where do we start?" Adam asked.

"We start with questioning the suspect we put away" Voight said "Antonio let's go" He said as he began making his way to the stairs.

"I'll begin by reviewing the tape, maybe there is something we missed" Adam said as he stood up and walked away with the drive.

"We will go by the apartment, see if anyone saw anything or anyone" Hailey said "Kim, why don't you come with me?"

"No, no I'm fine" Jay said. He was reaching over to grab his jacket from his chair.

"Jay, I don't think it's a good idea" Hailey tried to talk.

"I said I'm fine Hailey, let's go" He said in a harsh tone as he began walking to the stairs.

~

"Are you sure you didn't see anything? Anyone?" Hailey asked the landlord.

He shook his head "No. If I would've I definitely would've called the police"

"People live in these apartments. Your telling me with all the noise and screaming no one saw anything?" Jay questioned as he slightly raised his voice.

Hailey looked at Jay.

"There's weird stuff that goes on here all the time, weird noise" He said shrugging his shoulders "No one filed any complaints" He looked almost scared.

"She was dragged out of here unconscious. How could nobody see anything?!"

"Okay" Hailey stepped in "We're going to need the keys to that apartment"

The landlord nodded his head. He didn't hesitate to grab an extra key and hand it over to Hailey. She and Jay went up to Kelly's apartment to search for anything that could be useful.

~

"Hey bro, you got anything off the footage?" Atwater asked approaching Adam.

"Nothing that's useful" He finally took his eyes off the screen "I've seen it over and over again" He looked back at the video and watched it as it played.

"There's gotta be something" Atwater whispered.

They stayed silent as they watched the video carefully.