Day Three (and a half)

We lay on the sand for a while, possibly hours. It wasn't awkward any more, although Stem knew that Lizard had squeezed himself closer to her in his sleep.
   He woke up and looked at her, Stem remembered that he talked about her in his sleep sometimes, she thought it was cute.
   "Hello." He yawned, noticing how close he was to her. "Oh, sorry." He said shyly.
   "It's fine." She responded, her brain already scolding her with thoughts like, WHAT?!, and how can you say that?
   "Oh my, what small horns you have." He teased, sitting up.
   "Oh my! I never realized!" She answered jokingly in return.
   "Umm... well this is too awkward for me." He blurted anxiously.
   She twined his tail around hers this time, hoping it would calm him. A NightWing flew by out of nowhere and said, "OH FOR MOONS SAKE! YOU LIKE HIM AND HE LIKES YOU, NOW STOP THINKING ANNOYING THOUGHTS!"
   Lizard gave Stem a worried/anxious glance. As if he were wondering if that were true or not.
   Stem was about to say something, when the NightWing responded suddenly to Lizard's thoughts. "Of course it's true, duhhhh. I saw you too lovers over there."
   "Oh shut up, MidNight!" Lizard growled, tail lashing.
   "It's true though," Stem said, grabbing Lizards talons. "I do like you."
   A few moments passed when Lizard stared at her, expressionless. She wondered after a while, if she had said the wrong thing, but decided not to think about it.
   "You do?" Lizard asked, disbelief all over his face. "But. I'm... me. How? You. Pretty. What?"
   "I. Like. You." She said, "Do. You. Like. Me?"
   "Yes," He sighed, "yes. Yes I like you too." "Very much." He added under his breath.
   The NightWing smiled, proud of her creation. Stem had almost forgotten that she was there.
   Lizard wrapped his wings around Stem, bundled tight. This felt right, everything felt right.
   They headed toward the prey center, inviting MidNight along. MidNight told them that the thoughts were too much to handle, so she stayed behind.
   Stem wanted to stay this happy forever, until she felt Lizard let go of her and fall off the edge of the cave, toward the ground, screaming.
   Stem realized with sudden shock, that someone had stabbed him, she turned around to see an IceWing. Bright red blood along the edge of his serrated claws. Stem flew out the window, racing to the ground, yelling out orders to the dragonets already down there.
   To her surprise, they listened, so well that they caught him. She sighed with relief, and fainted on the sand beneath her.

   Stem woke up, infirmary again, she thought sarcastically, wooo!
   She remembered only vaguely why she was there, the memories rushed back to her. She was out of the bed, and down the hall before her brain processed what she was doing. She ran to the nearest healer.
   "Where are they keeping Lizard the SandWing dragonet?!" She almost yelled.
   "Down the hall to the right." He responded immediately with a grin.
   She raced down the hall and into the room without a second thought. Lizard was laying in the bed unconscious, enormous blood stained bandages covering his back. She jumped onto his bed and grabbed his talons in hers. He didn't move.
   Banana walked into the infirmary, holding a melon. Stem instantly jumped off the bed, let go of his talons. She turned to the healer as if nothing had happened. Banana gave Stem a suspicious grin.
  I don't want her to know. She can't know. Not until... until I know for sure. Until i know that he's okay. Until he wakes up and hugs me.
   Until... Until... Until...

He he. Srry Mother. This is kind of a love story-ish chapter, so don't hate. We all knew this would happen sooooooo.... yeah. You can ask MidNight now on "Conversation Starters"