Chapter 13 : We Are So Sorry!

Against all the odds.

Chapter 13.

"What the hell is going on, Sanskar? And... And what happened to this girl? O my God! Sans..." She heard the voice, it was her.. His mother. She was asking something and then she heard his voice.

"Mom, get the doctor. I will explain everything later!" He was in rush as his legs took her somewhere. All the way she had felt him talking to her, saying something about not to sleep. She would be fine.
After a couple of minutes, she was laid down. Her body went stiff as she came in contact with the soft layer of of the bed 'mattress'. She sighed when the unbearable back pain shoot through her body, reminding her how she was thrown on floor all the day and night. She couldn't move because of the tight grasp of rope that tied around her leg and wrist.

Should she give in now? Till how long she would run? No matter how much she tried but at the end of the day, she was pushed back to the place from where she started off. She should give up, right? Yes, she should!

"Swara, it's all right. Doctor is coming. You will be fine!" She heard his whisper then and backed off from her previous plan. Darkness surrounded her and she fell asleep. A long sleep to shoo away her tiredness, exhaustion. A long sleep with no fear of any harm touching her, a long sleep in where she saw her Maa-Baba, a long sleep with the intention of waking up next day!

'I love you Maa-Baba!'

Sanskar had been staring at her face since the moment he laid her on the bed. He saw her face going pale and it didn't take much time to understand how much pain they caused to her. His mother stood there, speechless as the doctor examined her.

What would have happened if he was late for a while? They would have.... The thought itself made him rigid, his palm formed a fist and he averted his gaze to somewhere.

"Sanskar!" His mom interrupted his thoughts for what he was thankful.

"What actually happened to her? How... How.. I mean ye sab.. She was with her family, right? Where are they?" He looked at his mother with having absolute fury in his eyes and Barkha Maheswari was taken aback. His son was angry.. She had seen him like this.. When his father betrayed them for another woman... And now the same anger. It shook her. Right then moment, she knew HER SON WAS BOUNDED.
She knew her son the most, she knew how he was!

She closed her eyes when he said what happened few hours back. And the regret and guilt built up inside her.
Anything could have happened to that girl which she wouldn't wanted.

"How is she, doctor?" Sanskar rushed in with his worries as the doctor finished examining her.

"I already informed you that she needs bed rest and a proper diet. And she isn't taking the medicines I prescribed that day, may I know the reason?" The doctor asked, narrowing his eyes and Sanskar had nothing to give as reply. He was aware of her bad health. Doctor already told him to take care of her but still he let her go with them. It was his mistake.. Ye...

"We are so sorry doctor! Actually there were some problems. But now we'll make sure that she takes care of herself." Barkha Maheswari cut in his thoughts and Sanskar literally widened his eyes.

The doctor nodded and walked out with his mother. "It wasn't your fault, Sanskar. Don't ever blame yourself." She said with surety and he believed his mom. He wasn't at fault. It was only them... But from next time, he wouldn't let it happen. Never ever again.... And he promised.

'A promise made to yourself is hard to break!'

The next day Swara opened her eyes with the following realisation of the current place she was staying in. After so long she had gotten a good sleep. She had sleep in her Maa's lap, forgetting about every worry. Her Maa was there caressing her head. Just like those days. Memories flashed in her mind and her eyes welled up. O dear lord, she terribly missed her family. It had been so long. Everything is secondary in this world but family. If you have your family by your side, you have everything you need. But she lost it. And whatever was left out, they were not family! Not at all.