Chapter 07 : She Was Hurt!

Against All The Odds.

Chapter 07.

Unedited.

"Ammu." Swara called out her and Ammu looked up to meet her eyes and Swara felt like her whole world was crushing down. An awful feeling was already nagging her. But the tears in her eyes, confirmed, something was definitely wrong.

"What happened beta?" Letting out urgent sigh, Swara rushed to her daughter who wasn't in a good so position to move herself. She lifted her up and made her sit on lap.

"Ammu, kya huwa beta? Did anybody say you something?" All Ammu did was, hiding her face in her embrace. Each of her soft sobs broke Swara's heart, trembling body of hers was making her feel terrified.

What caused her strong beta to break in such a way? Who might have hurt her? Various kind of unanswered questions were troubling her but before that she needed to leave the place. She would talk to Ammu at home. Not here, when there were possibilities of getting spotted by Kavita. That would be a nightmare.

Embracing her world in a tight grip, she got up making a way out of office.
She hired a cab and left. All the way she tried to talk and shush Ammu who was just sobbing.

"Please bolo beta. I will scold that person. How dare he hurt my Ammu!" Swara wiped her own tears, asking. Ammu wasn't leaving her grip but it got more tightened.

On reaching home, Swara tried every possible way to calm her but now her sobs were turning into cries.

"Please." She cupped her face. "Please beta." And then at last Swara broke down, completely. Her beta's tears, her sobs, her cries were killing her from inside.

During these years they both went through a lot but Ammu had never cried like this. She did cry, when her school mates teased her for having no papa but after making her understand she got over that matter and never cried.

"He.. doesn't... know.. me ....Mu..mma." Ammu said, finally in between her sobs; that left Swara in confusion.

Whom she was talking about?

"Ammu, talk to me beta. Kya huwa? Who doesn't know you?" Swara rubbed her entire tear stricken face with her palms.

Her Ammu was hurt, she was crying. Nothing was more painful than that.

"Koun Beta?" She asked again.

"Pa..pa." Ammu replied back in a whisper with her stuttering voice and Swara was frozen.

"Wh..oo? Ko..unn?" Finding her voice back, Swara asked.

"He said... He said... He doesn't know me..Mumma. Papa doesn't..know me." Ammu cried again, hugging her.

Swara might have heard wrong.... She thought like that. But Kavita, she was there and that meant..... He...was....

The fear gripped her heart and she almost chocked on her sobs, palming her mouth. Kavita was there, so it was obvious that Sanskar might had been with her. How could she forget that?

She pulled Ammu close to her, hugged her tightly.

Ammu was shaking her head murmuring 'Papa mujhe nehi pehchante.'

Swara couldn't figure out what to say. It wasn't supposed to happen. She had been away from him, his life, but today he was back. His sudden appearance shook her entire world.
She didn't know for what reason! But she found her past standing in front of her. The past she was willing to forget, even if it caused pain.