Prologue

The door opens and Alice walks in.

"Alice?" FP asks confused but she's not answering.

He can hear that she has been crying and she's still breathing fast.
"What's wrong?" he says and gets up from the couch.
She walks towards him and finally starts talking. "No more secrets, no more lies. I should have told you sooner, maybe something would have been different."
FP looks confused at her. What is she talking about?

"I had your b- I had your baby", Alice continues. "His name... I named him Charles."
He didn't know what do say or what to do. He just looked at her standing in front of him bursting into tears.
"I... I had to give him up for adoption."
"A- Alice, slow down, slow down. Alright?"

"He came to see me. And now he's dead. He's dead because of me. I killed our son."
Alice was crying more than he had ever seen her do before. Even though he didn't know exactly what she was talking about he wanted to cry too just because of how much it hurt him to see her like this. But he didn't cry, he had to be strong for her.

"Do you remember FP, in high school?"
"Yeah, yeah, I remember, Alice, but-"
Every time he tried to say something she started crying again.

"I'm sorry." Her voice was breaking. She almost couldn't get the words out. "I made a mistake."
She looked away from him, she couldn't face him anymore. It's her fault his son is dead.
Being in his trailer with him standing right in front of her was too much. It had taken much courage to come here and say it and now she was terrified FP would get mad at her.

Alice tries to leave but FP stops her. "No, I have to go. I have to go."
"Alice. Alice, hey, are you talk-"
She didn't listen to him, she had to leave now. "Jughead and Betty are waiting for me-"
FP didn't listen to her either. In a couple of seconds he had found out he had a son that was given up for adoption and now is dead. He can't just let her go, he needs to know more.

"Are you talking about Chic?" he asked since he knows Chic has been living with them for weeks now.
"No. No, Chic is someone else. Chic is-" she cut herself off by starting to cry again. "You don't understand what I've done, FP. You don't understand what I'm responsible for."
He couldn't see her like this anymore. She was devastated and it made him more upset than the fact that she had been lying for years and kept this a secret for him.

He took her in his arms and held her tight, hoping it would make her feel better. He wanted to show her that he wasn't angry and that he's here for her. Always. No matter what.

"It's okay. It's okay", he repeated until she finally believed him and stopped apologizing.