Chapter 1

Polly, Betty and Jughead were in the kitchen making dinner while Alice sat in the living room with her grandchildren Juniper and Dagwood. She loved when Polly came over with the twins so she could be with them, especially now after everything that has happened. Her ex-husband is in jail after killing and hurting several people which has terrorized the whole town. Being with the babies is the only thing that calms her down right now.

"Dinners ready", Polly says when walking into the living room. She picks Juniper up and puts her in a baby walking chair. Alice does the same with Dagwood.

They let the kids walk around on their own while they eat.

"You all made an amazing job with the food, it's really good", Alice says.
"Thank you, Mrs Cooper-" Jughead pauses himself. "I'm sorry. Miss Smith". He smiles and hopes she didn't get upset. Alice gently smiles back.

She's been called Cooper for half her life and has always loved it. Marrying Hal was her way to escape the Southside and the serpents and becoming a member of the Northside. She wouldn't say he gave her this life because she has worked really hard to get where she is but without him she wouldn't have had the chance.

However, she has always thought he is weak and has never been the man she's wanted. Now she knows why, he's a serial killer, but he couldn't even do that thing right. Being called Cooper isn't something delightful anymore, it's an agony. She hates it. She hates him. Never again does she want to be related with that man or his name.

Jughead calling her Cooper didn't concern her all that much though. It's hard adjusting to her new name, or old name since she was born Smith.

Suddenly Alice's phone called. She looked down at the number, it was the police station.
"I'm sorry, I have to take this", she said and walked out of the kitchen.

"Hello?" she said into the phone.
"Alice Smith?"
"Yes, it's me."
"We have found a body, possibly in his mid twenties. We need your help to identify him. Can you come down to the police station?"
For a second her heart stopped. They have catched the black hood. And his partner. It is suppose to be over, no more murders, no more dead bodies.

Last time they found a dead man that age they all thought it was Chic but it wasn't. This time however, it could be. Black Hood had been after him and maybe he killed Chic before they catched him.

Chic had been lying for them for weeks but she's still scared the dead body is his for some reason. Maybe because he's the only one who knows about her real son.

"I'm on my way", she said and hung up.
She told the kids she had to go down to the station and ran out to the car.

As soon as she saw the body she knew it was Chic. The police explained they don't suspect a crime.

They think he committed suicide.