//One//

Warning: This chapter contains gore and vulgar language, read if only comfortable

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The child - no more than seven or eight- softly wrapped his pink, thin little fingers around the small frightened bird, and cooed. The bird, it's hammering heart calming down as the child cooed to it, stroking it's little head lightly. The child giggled loudly at how soft and silky the bird was, cocooned by his hand. A wide smile was stretch across his face, lips slightly parted, his pointed teeth slightly visible.

The skin around his bright, curious violet eyes stretched out a bit, because he was tired and had tear stains on them. But he forgot about all that as he stood at the white painted window sill, standing still with the bird snuggling in his hands. The bird chirped contently, making the child burst into another fit of giggles. He smiled wider now, grinning with all his teeth shining.

A dappled, lose blue shirt hung off the child's bony shoulders, even though it was lose, his skinny frame was evident. Black trousers bearly hung around his waist, his pale feet half covered by the pants. His toes curled in the carpet as he laughed and the bird chirped again.

"Your so sooft...little birdie.." He laughed.

The sun was just setting outside, the orange glow flooding into his room from the window. The distant trees before the sun were sillouettes of twisted gnarled shapes, twisting up to the sky. The window was open, probably how that bird -a robin- got in.

Chilly air seeped it's way in, the temperature dropping ever so slightly. Not that the child noticed, he was way too preoccupied by the creature in his hands. So preoccupied that he didn't hear the footsteps approaching him from behind.

The robin screeched as it got snatched out of the little boy's hand. The violet eyes shot up, meeting with another set of violet eyes. The only difference was however, the violet eyes he was looking into were hard and unsympathetic, cold and harsh, very unlike his innocent fear filled violet eyes.

"You stupid brat! What the fuck are you doing with this piece of shit?!"

The child let out a whimper of fear as the cold, angry voice cracked through the quiet room, splinting the calming silence that was there a few moments ago. The child's violet eyes flickered to the bird -now frightened- in the man's hand. He wasn't holding it that gently.

"U-uncle, please leave the bird alone" the child whimpered.

The man's eyes narrowed before he burst out laughing. Not a warm, kind laugh. A cold malicious laugh.

"You want this stupid bird? Here I'll give it to you"

The man held up the bird with one hand, and using his other hand he took hold of the head. The bird began frantically crying, squirming. This man had nothing good in sight. The little boy's eyes widened, the bird tilted it's head with force to look at him one more time. He stared into the black beaded eyes, for the last time.

"No uncle! Don't please! NO!!"

The man grabbed the head and twisted it, ignoring the child's agonising protests. He then bent the head backwards and ripped it straight off. The child's body froze, his voice cutting off abruptly as he stared at the now dead bird.