London Part 2

Chapter 6

Shadow Star yawned as she leaned against the wall of a random building. Aliceson was talking to random citizens to see if they had seen anyone strange lurking about. They had separated from Ririchiyo and Akemi so that they could cover more ground and finish quicker. Shadow Star and Aliceson were in charge of hunting down a suspect of working for the scorpion witch while Ririchiyo and Akemi were in charge of gathering information of strange occurrences and checking if Koumori had already started putting her plan in motion. Although Shadow Star appreciated being part of the plan that involved more action, it was nearly impossible to find someone when you had so little a description of them.

Kid's scouts had only been able to gather an adequate amount of information. To add to that, they only saw a glimpse of the suspect from afar. The only description of the suspect had been that they appeared to be 5'8 or 5'9, wore all black, a hooded cloak, and had a tan muscular physique. However, there were plenty of foreigners who were visiting and fit this description, minus the appearance. Even the gender of the suspect was unknown. Shadow Star let out an annoyed huff. Aliceson approached Shadow Star with a sigh, stopping in front of her. Shadow Star immediately looked up, the annoyance on her face faded a bit at the sight of her meister.

"Any luck?" Shadow Star asked, pushing herself off the wall and shoving her hands in her pockets.

Aliceson shook her head, letting out another sigh.

"He just said that he heard a weird noise about a week ago. When he looked out his window to see what was going on, all he saw was a hooded figure fleeing the scene."

"Well, that was definitely our mystery dude. Only thing is, we don't know where or who they are."

"Exactly."

Aliceson furrowed her brows in thought.

"Where could they possibly be hiding that prevents them from ever being seen but also allows them to not appear too out of place?"

She tilted her head to the side slightly, gazing at Shadow Star. Shadow Star raised an eyebrow in response.

"So, somewhere out in the open where people wouldn't look?"

A look of realization settled across Aliceson's face after a few moments.

"That's it! Shadow, you're a genius!" Aliceson yelled in excitement suddenly, wrapping her arms around Shadow Star in a hug.

She kissed her cheek before pulling away. Shadow Star blinked in surprise, her face reddening slightly.

"Uh, thanks I guess?" She cleared her throat.

"I mean, I already know that, haha. But like, what made you finally notice?"

"Come on, I think I know where our suspect has been hiding," Aliceson replied, ignoring her question as she grabbed Shadow Star's hand and pulled her away.

---------------------------------------------------------

Shadow Star squinted as she looked up at the Saint-Jacques Tower. She loathed the thought of having to go even near the top of a 52-metre tower.

Aliceson had already climbed the stairs leading to the ark of the entrance and was scanning for a way to open the passageway that lead inside. Surely, their suspect had a secret entranceway. Aliceson climbed down the other side and began checking the statue as Shadow Star took over her job of scanning the ark. After a few minutes there was a click, and the top of the ark, directly above Shadow Star's head, slowly moved to reveal a ladder.

"Found it," Aliceson called as she made her way back to Shadow Star.

"Nice," Shadow Star responded as she high fived her partner.