Dreams (Chapter 5)

~Chapter 5~

~Camp Half-Blood~

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood, Daughter of Artemis." Those words hit me like a truck. Yeah, I know, I'm new here, but I can understand that Artemis was NEVER attracted to men. But, seriously why couldn't she have chosen a better husband? I mean, yeah, he was a great person, smiling back when I was young, being a great person like he was.

     But, can we get back to the point that I am an actual daughter of Artemis. Not one of her followers, but her bloodline daughter. I gathered enough courage to actually look up at my peers, but as I did, they backed up, apparently scared of me like I was a disease. Why can't my life ever be normal and have normal people as friends, not people of think of you as a monster because of your parent.

     Atleast Annabeth actually spoke up to everyone. "Can you all be nice? Of course, (not trying to be rude or anything Eclipse) her birth was probably a mistake. Artemis was a maiden, and she would never break her vow. Supposedly the gods are probably mad and want to kill Eclipse, but let's be real. Would they actually kill a demigod?"
"Well, Annabeth, if you count me and Percy being kidnapped by Hera, it could have lead to me and Percy dying at one point." A taller camper with blonde hair, electric blue eyes, glasses, and a good tan spoke up.
"Okay yeah, but please everyone be nice to Eclipse? She's super nice and would actually be a good friend to you all." Annabeth said, and walked back towards her cabin for bed.

                               ~☆~☆~☆~

     After Chiron told us all to go to bed, I walked over to the empty Artemis cabin, which nobody stayed in unless the Hunters decided to stay at camp for a bit. I walked inside, and it was pretty bland to be honest. The only cool things were the magical rays of moonlight shining down, the silvery bunk beds, and animals like wolves and deer kept on disappearing in wisps of silver smoke. Literally everything was silver, with some camouflage things here and there. I climbed into bed, and drifted off into a sleep that would be affected by nightmares.

<things are going to get sad, so be ready y'all>

     I was dreaming that I was walking through a Greek town, which was up in the clouds. There were Greek temples dedicated to al of the gods, with satyrs, nymphs and dryads all socializing with each other. I walked up a huge staircase, with Greek pillars set up like a palace. I glanced around, and up in front of me was a big hearth, with 12 giant thrones around it. I'm guessing I was up on Mount Olympus, home of the gods and goddesses. They were all talking to each other, my mom looking guilty and angry at everyone. I listened in to their conversations.
"Oh come on! A daughter of Artemis? Seriously? That's going to be a big mistake! Do you guys realize how powerful she could be?!" Apollo said, his suntan gleaming like gemstones.
"Seriously, Apollo? You think some puny demigod can rule over us? You are the stupidest person here." Poseidon said.
"Actually, Artemis is the stupidest one here. Decided to break your maidenhood and go off and have a daughter. You realize how bad people are going think of you? Especially your Hunters, sister. Imagine their faces! They will quit and all of those beautiful ladies will be all over me!" Apollo sails gleefully.
"Come off of it, brother. That mortal was nothing more I could ask for, but now he's gone off and become drunk. Did I ask for a daughter? No. Do I think her birth was a mistake? Yes." Artemis said, her tone hard.

     W-what? She thought I was mistake? She hates me? My own mom I thought was going to be kind hated my existence. Just another great fact about me: I'm a mistake everyone!

     I woke up, my hands sweaty and tears running down my face. Of course. I don't belong here. I belong nowhere. Nobody cares about me. Not even my own mother. Sure, Annabeth is kind. But do I really deserve a friend like her? Me being the stupid and mistake that I am, I probably don't. I fell back into my bed, hoping that I could leave this place once and for all.