Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I sat in the middle of the floor just breathing in the smell of our new house. It smelled like fresh vanilla. It smelled like home.

Brian and I had filled out the paperwork and bought the house a week ago and today was moving day. We didn't really have anything so we were going furniture shopping. The rest of the house had been newly renovated before we got here and looked great so we definitely didn't have to worry about that. Brian walked in the room and sat down in front of me.

" are you ready? " he asked.

" yup " I said " let's go! "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We got out of the car and walked in to bobs furniture. We had heard they were having a big sale and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to get some new furniture for really cheap. As we walked in I looked around. There was furniture everywhere, beds, tables, chairs, lamps, sinks, refrigerators, ect. In the back there were a few shelves with small home appliances.

" wow " said Brian with an awed expression on his face " this place is HUGE "

" yeah " I agreed, practically melting at all the choices.

" so.... " he said looking around " what room should we start with? "

" the bedrooms " I said " I want to be able to sleep in my own home "

We looked around at all the choices. In the end we ended up getting a large twin bed, a king sized bed, a dresser, a clothes hamper, a small love seat, and a simple lamp for the master bed, and two twin beds, a night stand, a dresser, and a book shelf for the second bedroom. We ended up spending about 2,250 dollars, just for the bedrooms! Actually we saved like 700 dollars because of the sales. We called up a moving van company and ordered one to come pick up the stuff.

" okay " said Brian " what next.... "

" the living room? " I replied.

We looked around and settled on a huge semi circle leather couch, a flat screen tv, a tv stand, a wood coffee table, a book shelf, a nightstand, a lamp, and a nice rug. It all added up to about 2,000 dollars, but we saved almost a 1,000.

" dining room next " I said.

" okay " said Brian he looked extremely tired.

For the dining room we ended up just getting a small wooden fold out table, four chairs, and a salt and pepper shaker. That only added up to 700 dollars.

" do you want to take a break for today? " I asked.

" yeah " he said " sorry I am just so tired "

After that we paid and loaded every thing into the moving truck. We ended up paying about 5,000 dollars, and we still had more to buy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night we went to in and out burger for diner.on the way in I picked up two newspapers from the machine. We walked in and grabbed a booth. A few minutes later a cute little redhead waiter came over.

" hello " she said " I'm Katie and I will be your waiter today, may I start you off with something to drink?

" yes " I said " I will have the diet

Coke"

" me to " said Brian.

" okay " said Katie " I'll be right back with your drinks! "