|9|

-2 months later-

Angeline
Won't you listen to me please
I don't know what I did baby
I'm just tryna live baby

I sat in my room scrolling through my phone while listening to Chase Atlantic. I couldn't decide what song to perform tonight.

Okay, rewind a bit. Nothing else has happened between me and Mitchel, we haven't any contact at all. I was sad for a little while but I'm over him now, if I ever even had to get over him. I'm still not quite sure what my feelings were in the first place. I haven't had any guys in my life either. Everything is pretty much how it was before we filmed the music video. But I do have to say, tonight is a bit of a milestone. I'm going to be playing a few songs at a bar tonight. Not a big bar with drunk people puking every few seconds and women almost getting knocked up, no. This one is quieter but it has a lot of life to it, I used to work there.

"Lex!! I need help!!"I groaned feeling totally hopeless towards figuring out what to perform. Before everything with Joey, I was really into music and would play small gigs every other weekend. It was a guilty pleasure, I'm trying to find myself again. This is the first step.

"With what?"She stood in the door frame. As for Alexa, she's gotten a bit more serious with her modelling since the video. Her and Christian have also confessed to liking each other but still aren't dating. Why that is, I have no clue.

"I need help choosing the songs I'm playing tonight, only three."I huffed, she chuckled and sat down on my bed.

"Alright so you like that band Hey Violet right?"She asked, I nodded.

"Do that song Brand New Moves. It's really good song for night life. What about The 1975?"She wrote the song down on a piece of paper.

"I love them, I was considering doing Sex?"I said with an uneasy tone. She nodded her head violently.

"Definitely that one. Ummm..."She trailed off.

"I've been really into Right Here by Chase Atlantic but I dunno."I suggested. She thought about it for a minute.

"I think we have our third song."She smiled. I squealed in excitement, we high fived.

"This is why you're my best friend, you make things ten times easier."I got up off my bed to start getting ready.

"That's what I'm here for, duh."She said as she left my room. I opened my closet and went through some stuff. I didn't wanna be too casual, but I didn't wanna be under dressed either.

Skirt? Eh. Jeans? Too sloppy. Shorts? Not pretty enough. Crop top? Casual. Dress? Maybe?

I shuffled through my hangers until I found my olive green tank top dress. It was literally just a plain dress that looked like an oversized tank top.

I chose that with a black jean jacket and tan heeled sandals. I had two hours to get ready so the schedule was a bit tight, it wasn't a huge deal though.

I walked into the bathroom and got in the shower. I rehearsed the songs a few times while getting dressed.

I put my hair up in a high pony tail and added a black choker to make things slightly less boring. Makeup was the same: winged eyeliner, dark red lipstick, nude eye-shadow.