Side Story 1

This is merely my thoughts and, you can say, my diary. So bear with me, yeah? Thanks! ♥

((You can skip this if you want to, not forcing ya to read it))
------------------------------------------------------

Maybe some of you may not know that this is the month of Ramadan where Muslims all around the world fast for the day by not eating nor drinking till sundown. That's what I've been doing for the past 4 days.

Today I had classes from 9am to 3pm, not forgetting that I had netball from 4pm to 6pm. You may think that it's just another ordinary day and yes of course it was, though I was feeling tired out from work yesterday and today's lectures. Eventually, netball brought out my inner energy every single time. Luckily.

okok the main thing here is, after netball I have to attend a family open house because it is just my family and relatives tradition to do open house for Ramadan. Today was the day. Last week, when the open house was confirmed, Mum suggested not to attend because we will be busy with work and school.

Now, being the family person I am, I wouldn't want to forgo this gathering because it will be such a waste to miss out on something as heartwarming as family gathering. The 'get together' has always been my favourite thing to do. Anyways, I voiced out to Mum saying that "If you don't want to go, I'll just go on your behalf with Sis since she end her classes earlier than me." I think Mum was taken aback and went silent when I made the firm and final statement. No matter what her reaction or her thoughts is, I'll attend even if I have to crawl to get there.

Little did I know, Mum told us that she was given a 'off from work' leave by her boss which is a little contradictive knowing the nature of Mum herself; she could have lied about it to her boss or something.

((Side note: The relationship between Mum and I wasn't a good one because tons of things happened between us but that's a different story))

In the end, Mum "and Dad" ((Dad and me wasn't a good one either)) decided to attend too. I mean the more the better right.
Furthermore, it's just not nice to not attend when you're already invited unless super valid reason.
((depends on how important this is to you which is a different story as well))

So we went. As expected, there were not many of them attended the gathering which was a little disappointing for me but nonetheless, we're already there.

Here's another thing, when it comes to this, I'm never the social one like they are; talking and laughing together which all I did was to sit in one corner and simply watch them. I'm already satisfied by just that. I can tell you that I'm the 'yes man' there up till today.

Today, I saw a change in me after all those years. I became more open and able to communicate to them better in a sense that both parties can agree to one point despite the huge age gap; a young adult and an elderly. I believe that something must happened in between for me to become like that. Did I mature after all those years or simply having wider perspectives? I don't know but for all I know, that was definitely a good change for me and I just discovered another side of me which I never get to know of.

Now, I feel like I know what I can do or say whenever I'm with them. Believe me when I said that I wasn't social enough and was the 'yes man' all along. Just feeling a little confident from all of that HAHAHA

All in all, this was what I felt for today's schedule. I just think it was a huge change for me that I had to jot this down here to remind myself that I have achieved this part of my life; more like a milestone perhaps (?)
------------------------------------------------------

For those who read through this essay of mine, I thank you for your patience and interest in reading this bit of my life.

Here's a row of hearts for yaaa!

♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡♥♡