2-Weeks no years

It has been a few weeks since my first day at school and all I can say is that I really fit in here. Jane is the kindest person you could ever meet, and it feels like I've known her for years. I enjoy our sleep overs and by the looks of it, my mom is so glad that were such good friends. Jane had limited speech but I guess it's got better since she had escaped or so mike says. She was born in the same lab as me except my mother escaped and hers well didn't. According to Jane there is another girl like us and she thinks there could be at least twenty more. I remembered that one day a long time ago I met a boy, his name was Jake Winters it was when we was living in a small town in charlotte and he had a tattoo like mine and Jane's.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'm sitting in Mr Clarke's science class right next to Dustin and writing down everything he says. Absorbing everything. Until Dustin taps me softly on the shoulder and I turn to face him he smiles and hands me a note.
The note:
Hey (y/n) I heard that you wanted to go see that new science fiction movie and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me?
I blush slightly wondering if it was a date or if everyone else is going and turn to nod at Dustin. He then turns to Lucas and punches the air and I giggle slightly. I guess it's a date.
As the bell rang I ran out the door to go meet Jane at my locker.
"So Dustin asked you to see a movie?" Said Jane with a questioning tone whilst turning to smile at me,
"Yeah and I said yes"
"D'you know he has never been kissed ?"
"Neither have I."
"Maybe you can kiss him"
"ME? No he's just a friend.."
"How can you deny that you don't want to kiss him?"
I say nothing looking down at my books and school bag shoved untidily into my locker knowing that the true fact is that I truely do want to kiss him but I'm afraid about what would happen if I did.
"Well (y/n) I suggest that you do because what's worse than wanting to kiss someone so badly that you feel ill"
"Being in the upside down."
Jade stares at me flabbergasted as if she has
Some sort of understanding about being in the upside down. Well we're both Hawkins lab babies so I guess she experienced similar events to me. All of a sudden, the whole group of guys heads towards us and I blush as I notice the huge smile on Dustins face.
"So we were all talking about how we only have a few weeks left in middle school and how we should all throw a huge sleepover at my place" says mike whilst standing awkwardly next to Jane,
"Sounds good" says Lucas
"Count me in" says will
"Awesome, I'm in" chimes Dustin
"Sure why not?" Says Jane smiling,
"Okay" I say blushing
"Sure" says max gently leaning on Lucas' shoulder.
"Asks your moms when you guys get home and channel to 7"
Jane and I smile at eachother knowing we don't need the walkie talkies to tune in because we can just close our eyes.
"Okay I'll use my talkie"
They all stare at me dumbfounded-no confused , Jane smiles at me.
"You're clairvoyant" Jane says holding her hand up for a high five,
" I can read minds?" I say high five ing her,
" okay then what am I thinking?"
"Well max you're obviously thinking 'I love Lucas so much!'" Says Dustin giggling whilst max gives him a death stare and then starts walking towards him. Dustin then curses and runs out of the school doors, with max chasing after him. And at that moment I realise -like actually realise that I have a crush on Dustin.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I head through my front door, I chuck my school bag down and race towards my mom sitting on the couch,
" mom, can I go to mikes sleepover?"
"Is Jane going?"
"I think so"
"Then okay"
" and max is going too"
"Even better, when's the sleepover?"
"Tonight"
" that's alright ,I'll call hopper and Max's mom to see if I should drop them off"
" okay and I'll channel mike"
"Okay"
I head up the stairs and run into my room, I grab a black turtle neck crop top and a pair of blue jeans and stuff them into my red and white duffel bag. I then shove in my black silk pj shorts and top . After I finish putting all my stuff into my bag, I jump onto my bed grab my talkie and tune into channel 7.
"Hello? Mike it's (y/n)"
"Hey (y/n) it's Dustin speaking but Luc and mike are here listening"
" I'm aloud and I'm bringing max and Jane"
"Okay head here ASAP cuz we don't wanna start a campaign without you"
" okay be right there"
I tune out, and then run back downstairs carrying my duffel bag whilst panting.
"Okay (y/n) I'm heading out now- oh you're ready"
" yup and I've got clothes for tomo and pjs"
" toothbrush?"
"Yup"
" good let's go" she says opening the door .
I run out side and hop into the car right away.
I knew that it was gonna be a blast.